• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

What Muzzleloading Stuff Did You Do Today?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I need to get one of those too, should have a long time ago.
When I initially started out I got a wheel tool. Eventually I decided I didn't necessarily want the same spacing for every job. So I suggest one with interchangeable wheels.

Acksually (my new phonetic spelling. If autocorrect can do it so can I) I no longer use the wheel and lay out all my stitching with this.

20240221_085548_copy_800x600.jpg

When I initially started out I got a wheel tool. Eventually I decided I didn't necessarily want the same spacing for every job. So I suggest one with interchangeable wheels.

Acksually (my new phonetic spelling. If autocorrect can do it so can I) I no longer use the wheel and lay out all my stitching with this.

View attachment 296981
Wow! A compass, I’d never thought of using those. I have an old one, looks just like yours, it belonged to my grandfather. It sits on my work bench out of respect. Now I have a good use for it. Great idea.

Wow! A compass, I’d never thought of using those. I have an old one, looks just like yours, it belonged to my grandfather. It sits on my work bench out of respect. Now I have a good use for it. Great idea
Thad, I use a 3" starret compass to lay out stitches and a 5" at the lathe turning horns plugs, a lot quicker than a ruler. now that being said I'm heading out to the shop for the first coat of jax black on the WR barrel then dye some ball bags.

Wow! A compass, I’d never thought of using those. I have an old one, looks just like yours, it belonged to my grandfather. It sits on my work bench out of respect. Now I have a good use for it. Great idea.
i also have my fathers compass. and if it sat on my bench it would be lost to posterity. would be under at least four layers of STUFF.
it is in a oak machinist case.

so far all i have done with ML,s today is transfer a half dozen from the entry hallway up to my cabinet in the den/office/catch all.
done so i could vacuum the down stairs while the wife is gone to town. vacuuming is my job, because i make the mess.
actually the dust was getting deep enough she could track me to easy. self preservation ya know.
going out to the shop to lay out a Hawken. or take a nap.

Today I cleared the fire channel for the Maynard Model 2.

Still gonna sell it but I need to get some musket caps and some Maynard brass so I can shoot it a few times before it leaves my care.

I mean I really should fire it. Thing probably hasn't seen a bullet in a hundred years. Would be a shame to not help it see back in service after so long sitting idle.

(anyone got any Maynard brass they want to donate to my cause?) :D

i also have my fathers compass. and if it sat on my bench it would be lost to posterity. would be under at least four layers of STUFF.

so far all i have done with ML,s today is transfer a half dozen from the entry hallway up to my cabinet in the den/office/catch all.
done so i could vacuum the down stairs while the wife is gone to town. vacuuming is my job, because i make the mess.
actually the dust was getting deep enough she could track me to easy. self preservation ya know.
I just got back in and vote for the nap!

Today I cleared the fire channel for the Maynard Model 2.

Still gonna sell it but I need to get some musket caps and some Maynard brass so I can shoot it a few times before it leaves my care.

I mean I really should fire it. Thing probably hasn't seen a bullet in a hundred years. Would be a shame to not help it see back in service after so long sitting idle.

(anyone got any Maynard brass they want to donate to my cause?) :D
where are you at in WA?

That's good that you've got it protected. I remember finding the one I have in my grandfather's desk after he passed in '62. Somehow I've managed to keep up with it all these years. I have several cheap ones in the shop that I use for wood working and the lathe.

Latest posts

Back