• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

What Muzzleloading Stuff Did You Do Today?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jumped right in this morning to finish my granddaughter’s powder horn. Took a while since I hand fitted the end cap. The horn was so thick I didn’t think any reasonable heat would soften it up, but I got it done. I’ll probably add some small brass nails around the base and I’ll get the strap made tomorrow. First photo is what I started with.

Attachments

• IMG_3199.jpeg
    IMG_3199.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3225.jpeg
    IMG_3225.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3226.jpeg
    IMG_3226.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3227.jpeg
    IMG_3227.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3228.jpeg
    IMG_3228.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
My mould came in today so I ran a few balls to test out the White Mountain carbine. Those .535s wouldn’t fit with any of my usual patch material, but they did alright with wadding. (Yes, I know. But I was dying to make some smoke!) Something about shiny new balls… so shiny I can see myself in them! 🤣
Jay

Attachments

• IMG_4455.jpeg
    IMG_4455.jpeg
    776.3 KB · Views: 0
Finished up another plains style beaded tailed pouch. This one is beaded on Crazy Crow's German tanned leather. The beads are number 11 seed beads. The pouch is approximately 6 inches high and 5-1/2 inches wide. I installed two belt loops on the back. The center section is applique and the white border and the side seam beadwork is lazy stich.

Pouch -3a.jpg
Pouch -3b.jpg

Pouch -3c.jpg

Last edited:
Looking online for a 50 caliber ball mold and a lead Dipper, can't believe how the prices have gone up since the last time I bought some of these items although I guess it's been nearly 10 years ago now.

Seems like the aluminum Lea molds used to be around 10 or 15 bucks now they're around 40 bucks .
seems like lead Dippers were less than 10 bucks and now the lyman's are around $30 each

Jumped right in this morning to finish my granddaughter’s powder horn. Took a while since I hand fitted the end cap. The horn was so thick I didn’t think any reasonable heat would soften it up, but I got it done. I’ll probably add some small brass nails around the base and I’ll get the strap made tomorrow. First photo is what I started with.
job well done. show some more pics as u continue working on it. thanks for pics

Going to work on my flask.
Looks like it's bent in there and that's why it's not closing right

@sethwyo

It's been lot of years ,probably 80's I had a colt style flask leaking,if my memory is correct I used little socket to tap the shutoff plate on tighter and peaned shaft to keep it tight.

I believe my shutoff plate was loose enough it twisted on shaft,you may have same problem.

I still have and still use that little flask,so I guess my fix worked.

The offer still stands tdm beautiful horn for a lucky girl .

Latest posts

Back