• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

What Muzzleloading Stuff Did You Do Today?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glad I did my shooting yesterday, today is pouring rain and supposed to turn to a big dump of snow later.
I'm guessing you are getting that snow now! The weather map says you, I and @ETipp Are getting a big hug from the same system.

This much so far in the past hour.

20240203_112638_copy_800x600.jpg

Still rain here. I took an old knife sheath I had, and pulled the metal snap button out, reworked it so it closes not with a leather loop and a little antler button. Holds a nice antler handle knife I have.

Still piling up here. Not much but it's heavy wet and slippery. Not a time to be in the wood!

Working on the presentation bag. Getting close. I'm working slow and thinking things through since I'm doing a few things I've not done before. No pictures from here on out because the recipient might catch on.

Finished a rifle storage cabinet in my work area. I always have guns on my bench, leaning against and generally in the way - if I don’t have to move at least one gun to access a drawer or tool I call it a successful day. Now I can see my bench and all the guns are safely stored and will remain clean(er) than if they were out.

Polished up real nice. Did you do anything to the lock internals?
No. After looking at the lock disassembled Jim's finished internals are crisp and clean. Not sure I could improve them myself without buggering something up. Jim's locks are above the rest when it comes to internals. I really didn't see a need to polish anything.

Finally took my .54 Colonial out to shoot, it's a whole different beast than my little .50 Traditions rifle that I load with 65gr 3f. Definitely not used to that recoil so was flinching a lot more than I'd like. Overall it was good, but I will need a taller blade as I was hitting a good 6-8" high at 50 with 70-80-90gr charges of 3f. I'll do more shooting before I mess with it though to rule out human error.

She's surely pretty though Shirley.
1000008463.jpg

Finished the assembly of the 58 cal Colonial. Ramrod is drying, then it will be range time. This one fought me every inch of the way. The photos make it look lighter than it is.

Attachments

• thumbnail_20240203_154257.jpg
    thumbnail_20240203_154257.jpg
    733.6 KB · Views: 0
  • thumbnail_20240203_154301.jpg
    thumbnail_20240203_154301.jpg
    818.1 KB · Views: 0
  • thumbnail_20240203_154324.jpg
    thumbnail_20240203_154324.jpg
    676.2 KB · Views: 0
  • thumbnail_20240203_154318.jpg
    thumbnail_20240203_154318.jpg