• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

What Muzzleloading Stuff Did You Do Today?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought so too. But the front does not have the sharp foot that the rear does. I did try and file the front down but took off a hair too much so the fit is not as tight as I would like. I'll try again with the spare I have.
A photo of two sights. Pretty easy to see the sharp foot on the rear that fits into the rear dovetail. Didn't want to touch that so I filed from the front.
Maybe I should file a small bit off one of the rear corners.
Both ends of the sight have to be filed to an angle to match the barrel dovetail. That’s what secures the sight in place. You really have to work slowly and check after each file stroke for the final matchup.

Spent the last weekend of duck season with my little buddy Rio. She’s a tough little soldier. I managed to hunt all season with my muzzleloaders. I will start next season with a Pedersoli 10 gauge I made a deal for here.

IMG_6587.jpeg

IMG_6580.jpeg

IMG_6574.jpeg

Spent the last weekend of duck season with my little buddy Rio. She’s a tough little soldier. I managed to hunt all season with my muzzleloaders. I will start next season with a Pedersoli 10 gauge I made a deal for here.

View attachment 289587
View attachment 289588
View attachment 289589
Awww. Pup has a nice place to rest. Like to see a hunter taking care of his bud.lol bet u have that pup spoiled lol. And the pup deserves the best. I showed some guys your pics. They all said how in the world does that pup fetch a duck. They all have labs. Keep posting pics friend. I get great joy and plenty of smiles. Dang reckon i love your pup too. Lol. Be safe

Awww. Pup has a nice place to rest. Like to see a hunter taking care of his bud.lol bet u have that pup spoiled lol. And the pup deserves the best. I showed some guys your pics. They all said how in the world does that pup fetch a duck. They all have labs. Keep posting pics friend. I get great joy and plenty of smiles. Dang reckon i love your pup too. Lol. Be safe
image000005.jpeg

Show this to your friends. She gets it done.

every little dog i have ever been around thought they were a mastiff! most of their body is heart.!

today i fired my 50 sxs rifle some more. used up all the real 250g that i had so tried two barrels with minie"s group of 2 was 34 inches center to center:rolleyes:
fired up the lead pot and cast 50 more REAL's.
finished installing the breech plug in the Colerain barrel for the cherry half stock that has kind of been stalled. found a bottle of hoppe's # 9 on a back shelf and cleaned up the double barrels like new.

Last edited:
I've been looking for a tree branch or a tree that I can make a new ramrod out of,
Also been looking through books and the internet trying to find a specific type of ball mold I've seen in a museum,
It casts 36 balls for the Colt Navy but this put a straight edged knuckle around the ball.

Can't find any reference to it in Google
Walmart has a very good selection of wooden dowels, cheap too…

Did some rearranging in the shop which was badly needed. Then started the first steps to making a Buffalo powder horn for my granddaughter. Also worked over the Crazy Crow shooting bag I got her. Gave it a good rub down with Neatsfoot oil to soften it up. Trimmed the strap to the length we measured and added a couple more securing laces. For the price it’s not a bad little bag, certainly better than what I started out with! Getting ready to start smoothing the horn.
Will that be a priming horn when done, or her regular powder horn?

thats one ive never seen before but i aint seen a lot.got me curious wondering how it would shoot
I'm trying to find some actual pictures of it I think I snapped one while I was there, that should trouble with getting used to visiting one of these local museums you take it for granted and don't take pictures,

I am going to try to post a picture on here and I bet half the ol boys here will say oh now I know exactly what you're talking about

Too early 😴 haven't done anything but sip coffee, read the news and print some family history clippings and photo for the wife. But, day ain't over yet by a long shot! 😀

Was ready to drill and tap for nipple in a new drum for the CVA Kentuck but apparently my drill and tap for that purpose is somehow hidden from me. I'm doing it in 1/4 X 28 just to have a better selection of nipples down the road.

Latest posts

Back