• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

What Muzzleloading Stuff Did You Do Today?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sand, sand, and still sanding! Listening/watching The Big Sky, sipping a cold one. Good day off from the grind!

IMG_20240127_132937548.jpg

I spent part of this afternoon hanging up trophies... being my first year with the Tennessee Longhunters I unexpectedly gathered some hardware for my shooting this past year, and received four trophies last night. I hadn't previously known they awarded trophies at the Annual Meeting for the bi-monthly shoots and was sorta shocked when I ended up with a table full. Three 1st Places and 2nd Place in the aggregate.

I never thought of myself as an especially good shooter, but the Kibler SMR has apparently made me into one! Aw, shucks... Yea Me!

TLH Trophies.jpg

Ran a gathering of like minded folks with the objective to get out of the house, show off our winter goodies, get reaquainted with each other, test some firearms, sight em in, new old, seseif we still got it and the objectives go on and on. Did this in a driving rain fresh off an overnight rain storm. Did I say it was raining the entire time? I had 11 folks show up to shoot! It was pouring rain and 11 showed up.......

I spent part of this afternoon hanging up trophies... being my first year with the Tennessee Longhunters I unexpectedly gathered some hardware for my shooting this past year, and received four trophies last night. I hadn't previously known they awarded trophies at the Annual Meeting for the bi-monthly shoots and was sorta shocked when I ended up with a table full. Three 1st Places and 2nd Place in the aggregate.

I never thought of myself as an especially good shooter, but the Kibler SMR has apparently made me into one! Aw, shucks... Yea Me!

View attachment 289141
You done good Pilgrim...

I saw this trick somewhere thought I'd try it out. It's a way to keep the flint leather in place without falling out when you change the flint it took two try's to get all the slits and holes lined up if I don't like it only a few seconds and it's gone !

Attachments

• IMG_0559.jpg
    IMG_0559.jpg
    10 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0560.jpg
    IMG_0560.jpg
    7.8 MB · Views: 0
Found forgotten muzzleloading plunder when I finally reached a certain level among my caches of Old Man Stuff. I knew I had some of the items "somewhere", but hadn't moved that particular pile since 2004. Cast round balls don't rust, but they do turn white. Luckily, I always greased my molds.

Duplicates can now be sorted, priced, and exchanged for frog skins. YAY!!

Putting togather a shot pouch for a friend's .54 longrifle . Made an 80 gr. powder measure for it. Found a nice powder horn from 1982 , and attached the full horn of fffg to the pouch. Put priming horn in , pan brush , cork screw wad , and patch retriever for his ramrod , and a ball pouch w/ 30 .530 round balls , package of .015 unlubed patches , (actual thickness .012 thickness). Will make a 3/16" steel , 44" range rod with bore protector , and ball puller. Also , a 44" wooden range rod for bore wiping . Will hand him a bottle of "Competition " patch lube and bore cleaner..............That should do it , until he forgets to put powder under the prb.

Worked on brass plate for the end of my patch box lid. First attempt the drill bit was dull and one of the two holes was off center, so scrapped it and made another plate. Got it to fit, drilled holes in it, marked hole location at the end of the lid, drilled a pilot hole and it was not perpendicular to the plate so screw was not seated flush.

Plugged hole and will try again to drill straight down :doh:

IMG_1763.jpeg

Latest posts

Back