• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

What Muzzleloading Stuff Did You Do Today?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
started regulating the double .50 CVA. found it likes ffg 777 and 250g R.E,A.L.
loading for accuracy found best for both barrels at 95g.
while shooting the thing with PB and swiss fffg just to see if it liked it, i was shooting 5 with right barrel, then 5 with left at 50 yards.
so what do i do? powdered the right barrel and patched and balled the left barrel dry.
couldn't find a ball screw so made one to fit my brass range rod. the ball came out on the third try.
found the spread between barrels at 50 is 8 inches. both barrels will group close to 2.5 inches.
now to bring the left barrel over to the right. maybe tomorrow.
tried to fill some pock marks on the tang of the cherry build and burned 1/4 inch off the end. just not a very successful day. unbreeched the barrel and ordered a new tanged plug.

Busted! Oh well; there will be other days - it was great to get out and about. And those bachelor herd animals don't taste as sweet as the first year does.

We have a cyclone heading straight for us, so I had better get my priorities right and focus on battening down the hatches.

Cheers, Pete

View attachment 288007View attachment 288010
like that rack. nice

Busted! Oh well; there will be other days - it was great to get out and about. And those bachelor herd animals don't taste as sweet as the first year does.

We have a cyclone heading straight for us, so I had better get my priorities right and focus on battening down the hatches.

Cheers, Pete

hope yaw will be safe with that storm coming. hang in there

Cheers, Pete

Hope everything turns out well for you.

Wishing you the best of luck!

Neighbor's funeral. Wonderful woman. Never married but deeply involved with her nieces and nephews. Service was long because many people had anecdotes about her. But that was good. Six of her nieces carried her out of the sanctuary, across the parking lot, and up the hill to her resting place in the church cemetery.

that looks like its hard to do. bet u have to have a lot of patience
The inlay process is simple in itself. It the layout and getting the lines to "flow". There are "rules" to scroll work that make them more pleasing to the eye.
For instance, I think the "curls" on the vine should be a bit more circular in the curl, more compact, but I came to this conclusion after it was done.

This is a rifle by Herman Rupp, these look better shaped to me than mine.

The tools are so basic it's silly, you can make all from 1 hack saw blade, or xacto blades.

Attachments

• 20240124_040506.jpg
    20240124_040506.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
Got a couple of new items for the shop. I’d been wanting a hard copy of Lyman’s cast bullet handbook for sometime. I have the 1967 edition on my old ipad, it has all the really good muzzleloading stuff in it. And though my old dial caliper works just fine, I got a digital one just for grins. Even came with extra batteries.

Attachments

• IMG_3183.jpeg
    IMG_3183.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3179.jpeg
    IMG_3179.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3184.jpeg
    IMG_3184.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
Maybe try working the area with Neatsfoot oil and a little darker stain to blend it? Might help.

That might be helpful but I have plenty of leather and time so I'll cut another flap and be more careful this time. The damaged flap can be repurposed to a knife sheath or????

Back