• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

What Muzzleloading Stuff Did You Do Today?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had this little antler that had no home, now it does.... :)

Shot pouch add-on.jpg

I’m sitting a tree right now. Brought my SMR, and had a doe with a nervous demeanor skitter by a few hours ago. She looked back behind her several times and I thought, “Here we go!”, but her boyfriend never showed.

Getting pretty warm, so gonna call it a day.

View attachment 266036
Getting into the rutt for whitetails here. Deer behavior will be no more explainable nor predictable than that of adolescent humans on a Saturday night.

Very unmilitary! But a boy's got to do what a boy's got to do. I wouldn't do that to any of my Enfield's, but I like what you have done. Kudos. Would certainly make for a more natural cheek weld, and I bet that post sticks out like a beacon. Nicely done.

Pete

Thanks

I try to stick with what the gun came with, whatever it may be, but this time I just flat out couldn't see the sights well enough. When I could get them lined up, I wasn't hitting the target. Had to do something different. Not worried about PC, not going to be shooting any N-SSA matches, so I went with this setup.

RCBS Hodgdon mold and .579 sizer are on the way. All that's left is to do something about the creepy trigger, and it will be ready to dial it in.

Shot (horribly) in my monthly ML match, did pretty good on the pistol target though, 51 out of a possible 60.

Came home with a project double 12 ga., seems like original barrels and furniture in the beginning stages of being restocked. It was from a member who passed away. It was an impulse buy, I've never took on a project like this so I'm not sure what to do with it! :dunno:

Attachments

• IMG_20231105_114626.jpg
    IMG_20231105_114626.jpg
    421.3 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20231105_153452.jpg
    IMG_20231105_153452.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20231105_153808.jpg
    IMG_20231105_153808.jpg
    926.2 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20231105_153725.jpg
    IMG_20231105_153725.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20231105_154502.jpg
    IMG_20231105_154502.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
Made up some paper cartridges for the 1861 and took her out to the 50 yd range to try them out. Cartidges worked OK, but rifle still not hitting consistently, and needs more investigation to figure out whether it's me, it's the cartridge, it's the load, it's the sight picture, or it's the rifle. All part of the fun. So, had a good time, anyway. A couple guys two benches over were trying to sight in their modern centerline muzzleloaders, and they were having the same problems. So maybe it was just some kind of evil anti-muzzleloader spirit hovering over this particular range. Most of the shooters over on the 100 yd range were sighting in for gun deer season. You know ... those guys who visit the range once a year before the season to zero their scopes, and when the season's over, and they've bagged their buck, the gun goes in the safe and doesn't come out again until next year. OK guys, but not my kind of people. For them, hunting is the thing, not the gun. For me, it's the gun.

After the shakedown cruise with the Queen Anne yesterday at the range , today I looked at it in my usual fashion and tore it all down again clearing up blemishes mustard up the brass brought the barrel up to what I think is a more appropriate coloring. Then a re -stain on the stock. I will let the lock age through use. Why you ask? because ya see I have this disease.....🤪

Attachments

• IMG_2023-11-05-17-26-46-142.jpg
    IMG_2023-11-05-17-26-46-142.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2023-11-05-17-27-15-373.jpg
    IMG_2023-11-05-17-27-15-373.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
Finished coning the .54 Woodsrunner this evening.

Missed a local fire department pancake and sausage breakfast because I had no car to get over there. Wife did drop me at the local FD so I could have old-fart-timers Sunday morning coffee and had to ask for a ride home. Started in on the coning and the wife and daughter started in on talking at me while I was not paying attention. Oh, for the lack of a vehicle!!! (sigh)

The Doc is out now. 😫

Latest posts

Back