• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

What Muzzleloading Stuff Did You Do Today?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Completed the restoration on this beautiful little vintage Millers Falls model 1700 2.5” antique vise I picked up antiquing in the NC Mountains last week by applying some reproduction decals now that the new paint has cured. There’s virtually no slop or play and the jaws close tight and flush. They don’t make them like this anymore! This will be great for holding those small antler, flintlock and knife parts!
View attachment 264764
View attachment 264765
View attachment 264782
Dang nice job on that vise. It looks brand spanky new! and a steal on the angle finder! Nice 'un.

Maple logs.jpg

Another piece of the puzzle for flint work... anvil base. And I scored a big enough log to get some tomahawk target rounds out of it. Cut three 8" and one 6". One or two will probably become three legged stools. This was from a tree that fell on my neighbors house some months ago during a storm. Big ol' maple.

Cancelled any plans for hunting/shooting this Fall. First snow today and T-Boned by pickup who did not nor even slow down at his stop sign. Truck almost certainly totalled and only vehicle I have. Will need "new" truck and by time insurance settles deer season will be over....Hit front left quarter panel and axel assembly broken off frame. Split second later and the impact would be driver door and directly on me -- given his speed, not likely to be typing this....WAB

Not today but yesterday the family and I went out to the cabin and my little guy and I did is a bit of squirrel hunting! And my daughter and I took a long walk on the property and I showed her a large rock overhang that my dad and I both used to play in when we were kids!
spending time with them. yaw will hold them memories

Cancelled any plans for hunting/shooting this Fall. First snow today and T-Boned by pickup who did not nor even slow down at his stop sign. Truck almost certainly totalled and only vehicle I have. Will need "new" truck and by time insurance settles deer season will be over....Hit front left quarter panel and axel assembly broken off frame. Split second later and the impact would be driver door and directly on me -- given his speed, not likely to be typing this....WAB
sorry for hearing this. thankful that u ok

went to visit a cousin over east in the county and told lies for 3 hours. building him a flintlock so needed to touch base. got home about 5o'clock and disassembled the metal off the stock to start sanding.
something just didn't seem right as i sanded some and i realized i haven't poured the nose cap on it yet. being old and dumb sucks.
did the layout for the pour and ran out of steam. tomorrow will pour it and finish sand the thing. still not a clue what to use for stain. Wife suggested coffee. maybe so.

Finish my 125th rifle today. I bought this walnut stock about 25 years ago. It was a 2nd stock because it had some knots and flaws in it so I got it for 40 bucks. I finally decided to build a rifle with it. It has a 40 caliber rice barrel and a Siler lock. Going to the range today to see how it shoots

Attachments

• IMG_4292.jpeg
    IMG_4292.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4293.jpeg
    IMG_4293.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4296.jpeg
    IMG_4296.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4294.jpeg
    IMG_4294.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
Mainest thing is you're alive !

any of you guys have a dog with a doghouse big enough that he would share space with a scrawny old guy?
wife bought me some quilted Levis to keep my scrawny legs warm while i work in the garage. Brand new. first wearing.
Today was pour the nose piece on my new build. thought i had it dammed well enough and would have no leaks. so much for thinking.
enough squirted out the back of the dam to splatter off a chair and make my new jeans look like the milky way. the warden was/is not amused, even though i assured her it would brush right off.
plugged the leak and got the cap poured. now the filing begins.

Working out the dynamics of the underhammer lock on the triple barrel. Just trying to figure out how it's all going to interact. The folding trigger is going to be a trick with the seat as it is. Normally the cock would trip it open but the cock is engaged by the sear so I may be needing to build up the sear to engage. It's always fun to get an incomplete started project and try to figure out what they were thinking. I'm already differing greatly from what was started.
IMG_2023-10-28-17-31-28-601.jpg

Bot some stuff from Graf & Sons They had some RWS 1075 and some Swiss 3f in stock. I cannot believe that Vista Outdoors let Remington #10 caps go into defunct supply. Will the new owners bring them back OR will someone else make the same caps exact for the market??

Latest posts

Back