• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

What Muzzleloading Stuff Did You Do Today?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Changed out the sights on the .45 SMR I built last year with a taller rear and a new standard size front sight. I had it sighted in, but had to file down almost all the original front sight to do it and it was still a little low with an awkward sight picture. Now I’ve got plenty of metal to work with. I had planned to put one of Track’s nickel silver front sights on but the base was too narrow for the dovetail by far. Luckily I had an extra Kibler sight on hand. Now both .45 SMRs have taller sights, I’ll try to get them dialed in tomorrow.

Attachments

• IMG_2806.jpeg
    IMG_2806.jpeg
    898.6 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2807.jpeg
    IMG_2807.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2808.jpeg
    IMG_2808.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2809.jpeg
    IMG_2809.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
Went to the range with my frustrating Pedersoli Kentucky rifle. (Frustrating, because I’m a newb). Got the rod stuck just trying to swab any oil that was in the bore. Got that out. Idiot, step two, dry balled the first one. CO2 thing didn’t work. Got that out by getting powder down the nipple area, as learned on here! Put a staple through my finger and fingernail. Had a tourniquet, chest wound sealers, and compression bandages, but no band-aid. Got the bleeding stopped. Went on to have a really good day, as I think I finally got this thing to shoot. My last 5 shots were pretty good.
IMG_1028.jpeg

Worked on the "vintage" CVA Kentucky kit. Mainly I got the purple out and stained the stock. Gonna give it one more light stain coat.
20231018_151123_copy_800x336.jpg

Also worked at cleaning the barrel up.

20231018_162454_copy_600x1436.jpg

Also cleaning up a tc Hawken 50 barrel that I took a chance on. Exterior had some rust and minor pitting. Interior is pristine. May never have been fired.

Barrel and rifle probably going on the block. Both bought on impulse and really don't need. 😀

20231018_155009_copy_798x200.jpg

Went to the range with my frustrating Pedersoli Kentucky rifle.
Ya, I hear ya. It's pretty, but what you really need is a Kibler Southern Mountain Rifle. I have both. They're similar rifle types, but the Kibler outclasses the Pedersoli in function and performance every which way. I'd shoot the SMR over the Pedersoli any old day of the week. Nevertheless, you did some pretty fine shooting. :thumb:

Just need a bead an she's good to go .hope it makes the old man happy..I think that old man is pretty smart.. cause i haven't done much in a year since my little brother passed last nov ..and i had 3 heart operations..he got me going again.. gotta watched out for them old guys...

Attachments

• IMG_20231018_192354938.jpg
    IMG_20231018_192354938.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20231018_192342257.jpg
    IMG_20231018_192342257.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20231018_192252766.jpg
    IMG_20231018_192252766.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 1
Beautiful afternoon here in KY. I decided to get ol' British Billy all dolled up and ready for the New Years Day Shoot at Friendship. Some of the NYD shooters are interested in shooting ol' BB off hand at 250+ yards with traditional black powder guns...

That should be fun....!!

View attachment 261743
British Billy doesn't look so happy about Friendship! Understandable. 😄

Pete

Back