• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

What Muzzleloading Stuff Did You Do Today?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last range day before Pa antlerless muzzleloader season
IMG_20231001_140743_01.jpg

The brass nose cap and now the stock slopinflop trigger have been round filed.

Made maple inserts to serve as a trigger well. Still using the stock trigger plate. It was pinched a tad to lessen side to side play.

TOTW trade gun trigger drilled for .093 pin and installed. Love me some trade gun triggers. No more slopinflop.

Also made a maple lock mortise plate to beef up the area. Traditions cuts WAY too much material out of their mortises.

Inletted the plate so all the various goodies could nestle into it.

Everything from this point forward is a cakewalk.

Attachments

• IMG_3532.JPG
    IMG_3532.JPG
    742.3 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3535.JPG
    IMG_3535.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3536.JPG
    IMG_3536.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3556.JPG
    IMG_3556.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3542.JPG
    IMG_3542.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3540.JPG
    IMG_3540.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3548.JPG
    IMG_3548.JPG
    880.8 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3553.JPG
    IMG_3553.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Last edited:
My bayonet for my Long Land Pattern musket arrived today! Loyalist Arms was great to deal with. Ordered last Monday and it arrived this afternoon. Just had to tell Blair there the measurements of my barrel and he found one to fit. Scabbard included for a good price. I'm quite pleased with it!

Attachments

• 20231002_162356.jpg
    20231002_162356.jpg
    422.3 KB · Views: 0
So finally found a Spiller & Burr, unfired from 1998 from board member parrot head, thanks! The pistol is in mint condition but the hammer pull was quite heavy. Read about hour glassing the spring so broke out the old Sears grinder and gave it a slight taper making sure the metal staid cool. The mod reduced the trigger pull to a normal one. Next came the front post replacement. It was so small that my pliers couldn’t grab it to be pulled out. I filed a small flat spot on the post and drilled it out in my drill press. The picture shows the sight pulled out on the drill bit. These pistols will shoot a foot high at 25 yards so a new post was fashioned from 1/8” brass rod turned down using a file and a drill press till I got the desired diameter size (around .119”). From what I have seen on others doing this the post should be about 1/4” high. The post can be carefully pressed back in by pounding it into the pocket.
I also added a light muzzle crown.

IMG_6918.jpeg
IMG_6917.jpeg
IMG_6916.jpeg
IMG_6915.jpeg
IMG_6914.jpeg

Shot my 36" .45 SMR yesterday evening until it got dark. Man I love that little rifle, it is a tack driver.

Then went inside and opened the box to check over the Ron Paull rifle the mail lady delivered. 36"x13/16" slotted breech .32 caliber bbl, English styled halfstock, small siler flint, 7.0lbs. Hopefully if I can get all the important things done on the ranch today, I'll be able to make some smoke before it gets dark this evening.

Finished up another “file” knife and sheath to give to my niece as a gift. She’s an avid deer and turkey hunter. I made an “A” out of some nickel silver for her initial and inletted it. Hopefully, I’ll get it sent off this week, just in time for deer season!

View attachment 257662
View attachment 257663
please uncle compressor guy, may i have another! that is one fine knife!

Back