• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

What Muzzleloading Stuff Did You Do Today?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Went to the club to pick up my Goex and did a little shooting too. Quite a few members there doing the same so it turned out to be a fun get together.

Shot my TC Hawken with a 45 TC Hawken barrel on it. I hadn't shot that barrel since last year so it was a good chance to check out the Goex and be sure I'm set up for small game.

I found no noticeable difference between the Goex 3f and the Scheutzen 3f that I've been shooting for about 12 years. I'm going to do some serious comparison over chronograph and fouling comparison eventually but not certain when.

I ordered some Swiss powder and some shot from Grafs last night before free shipping and no hazmat goes away,put order into midway this morning for a Lee REAL .54 and a LEE .530 round ball Mould.

Shot Pedersoli Frontier .45 cal at 50 yds for load development. Seems to group best at 65 grains w/ 0.015 patch. Now need to investigate doing something about POA vs. POI offset. Tried filing down front sight 30 file strokes with little effect. Thinking about changinng out that dang rear buckhorn sight. Suggestions welcome.

I ordered some Swiss powder and some shot from Grafs last night before free shipping and no hazmat goes away....
I did, and they ship Fedex w/ delivery signature required. You better stay home all day. The delivery guy showed up and I was home but watching a movie and he didn't even ring my doorbell, just left me a delivery attempted no one there "door tag" sticker. Fedex shipping sucks. :mad:

Made a second flat horn today. Both will get some engraving next, then some horn detail work.

Attachments

• IMG_0028.jpeg
    IMG_0028.jpeg
    114 KB · Views: 0
I did, and they ship Fedex w/ delivery signature required. You better stay home all day. The delivery guy showed up and I was home but watching a movie and he didn't even ring my doorbell, just left me a delivery attempted no one there "door tag" sticker. Fedex shipping sucks. :mad:
I've ordered from Grafs multiple times, not once have I had to sign for powder,they just put it in seat of my old F250 feed truck if I'm not home, thats one of many benefits of living way out in the sticks :thumb:

made a couple ram/range rods from aluminum 3/8 rod. blackened said rods.
took one rod and tapped it for a 1/4x20 large head furniture bolt. turned head down to .501 and put it with a thin patch 1.5 inches down the bore of my New Englander 50. the bore on it is so rough it turns patches into threads when fired.
poured some pewter down the bore to make a polishing slug.
spent 3 hours on the bore with valve grinding paste. and sweat, lots of sweat!
got the bright idea to mechanize the program. 2 broken rods later.
back to sweating.
also captured the wedge on a Hawken. hate wasting time looking for the things after i lay them down where i will know they are and they scurry off somewhere all by themselves.
Have had this for years. I do not loosen a screw or bolt without it. If it is really intense, I will also spread a white bed sheet out on the floor under the work area.
https://www.amazon.com/APEX-GROUP-A...86&sprefix=magnetic+parts+powl,aps,282&sr=8-4

I bought a Replica Arms 45 flintlock rifle from my part time employer, the owner of my local gun shop. The rifle appears to be an old, poorly done kit. The bore was dirty but not rusty. I bought for the parts value, and at $25.00, I don't think I could go wrong.

Spent the afternoon running some balls through my Jack Garner rifle I bought on the forum last Dec.
Mr. Jack has Conner Garrett helping him out between college classes. Conner built this one. She does have a few worm holes but really pretty wood.
The best part is she sure is comfortable to shoot. A bowlful of balls and a pound and half of powder. Good times.
You shoot like I do. Off the tailgate with tons of stuff. I don't know what I would do if I ever shot a Woodswalk. I would have to pull a cart behind me.
I always carry too many " just in case items."

Not today but tomorrow. I am taking my son and daughter-in-law to an outdoor shooting range to shoot my traditional muzzle loaders. My son has been an unmentionable shooter for a long time. He has shot muzzle loaders with me just a few times. His wife is a long time unmentionable shooter and has never shot a muzzle loader. They are going on a trip to the southeast- South Carolina, North Carolina, and Virginia and will visit some Revolutionary War and Civil War sites. They want to see what it was like to shoot a firearm of those times.
I am going to bring a flintlock and a percussion rifle. We will load in a traditional fashion first. Then we'll use some of my convenience accessories such as tubes of premeasured powder and ball boards.
I consider this activity both fun and educational. Any day you can shoot with family is a good day.

pooched the whatzit rifle once again! i swear that stock is cursed. think i will just order a new blank and start from scratch.
spliced an extension onto the forearm after failing to get a poured lonnnnnnnnng nose cap to work.
just rushed the glue and separated it again.
nobody as dumb as an "Old Fool"
just ask the bride.

Back