• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

What Muzzleloading Stuff Did You Do Today?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finished draw filing the .54 Woodsrunner barrel and gave the muzzle a good thumb & sandpaper polish. Put the 4th coat of T&T on the stock this morning.

Attachments

• IMG_2498.jpeg
    IMG_2498.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2499.jpeg
    IMG_2499.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2503.jpeg
    IMG_2503.jpeg
    598.7 KB · Views: 0
Good morning My new Feldtutzer Swiss 10.4mm. 1853 Made a mold yesterday cast and paper patched some bullets this morning Cannot shoot it as at 80 police refused a rifle S1 certificate. France I live in hope!!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
Have been running into caps tight on nipple after shooting. In the past, I put the nipple threads in a drill chuck and filed to better diameter. Was concerned with damaging threads on nipple. Found 3/16” aluminum wire stops accept 1/4 28 tap without pre drill. Threaded bushing, holds nipple, protects threads and filing nipples in drill easier.

Attachments

• IMG_0043.jpeg
    IMG_0043.jpeg
Was hoping to play with wheellock castings but that didn't pan out...
So... back to the Jäger. Worked on the intricate center button patchbox cover. Soldered the end cap and the pin plate on and removed the wood on the cover for it to fit again. This is a lot of fun!
I am really enjoying working on this.
Need to fit the end cap so that it slides in all the way. The brass is pinned on so there are no visible fasteners.
Thanks for looking.
WilliamView attachment 247003View attachment 247004
That is beautiful!!

Spent an hour kicking myself this morning. For buying a 220 dollar rifle and not a 1,300 dollar rifle.

My Jukar Junker in .45 caliber is just plain awful. Awful I tell you.

All this made in Spain barrel does is cut clover leaves at 25 yards. Sooooo disgusted. Damn 80s technology.

50 grains of that crappy T7 substitute powder and Taylor Pork Roll casing for patches. Rubbed in a mixture of bee's wax/coconut oil/olive oil.

I hope my day gets better. Cuzz this pic of poor performance makes me wanna barf.

PS: Ignore the 50 yd on the target. I was so shaken up by the shotgun pattern that I forgot where I was on the range.
You poor thing. Not getting every shot through the same hole.

I’ll give ya $10 for that piece of junk.

Went out and shot a plastic bottle with the Yellow Bird Gun. When done, put my gun and possibles bag in my chair on the front porch, went into the house, took my meds, grabbed my Kindle and went back out to finish my Jack Reacher novel. Discovered that Vir had taken up a guard post in my chair and had no plans to leave any time soon as near as I could tell. Hafta find another chair I guess.

IMG_20230824_100055.jpg

Ground some humps off some flints today and tried out a new lead pot my brother gave me that i evidently bought 30 some years ago and forgot about and its like new. Happy Me

Lubed a bunch of 12ga cushion wads with SPG.
Some will be for my Navy Arms/Pietta coach gun. And some will be for that of which we cannot speak. I'll just say 3:10 to Yuma ;)

Spent an hour kicking myself this morning. For buying a 220 dollar rifle and not a 1,300 dollar rifle.

My Jukar Junker in .45 caliber is just plain awful. Awful I tell you.

All this made in Spain barrel does is cut clover leaves at 25 yards. Sooooo disgusted. Damn 80s technology.

50 grains of that crappy T7 substitute powder and Taylor Pork Roll casing for patches. Rubbed in a mixture of bee's wax/coconut oil/olive oil.

I hope my day gets better. Cuzz this pic of poor performance makes me wanna barf.

PS: Ignore the 50 yd on the target. I was so shaken up by the shotgun pattern that I forgot where I was on the range.
Ya know you ought to tie a twenty onto that rifle n drop it off in the lake. No better than it can shoot. :)

Finished the .54 Woodsrunner, finally.

If it ever cools off I’ll take some outside photos of the .50 & .54 together.

Attachments

• IMG_2515.jpeg
    IMG_2515.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2516.jpeg
    IMG_2516.jpeg
    771.2 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2517.jpeg
    IMG_2517.jpeg
  • IMG_2518.jpeg
    IMG_2518.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2519.jpeg
    IMG_2519.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2521.jpeg
    IMG_2521.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2523.jpeg
    IMG_2523.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2524.jpeg
    IMG_2524.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 0
Put the final coat of Tried & True on the patch box top, so tomorrow the Cherry Woodsrunner will be complete. Sanded down the stock of the Maple .54 Woodsrunner and wiped it down for the 2nd whiskering. It will be ready for carving this afternoon, but I’m only planning on doing some simple lines and accents. I may get brave and do a small relief on the tang, but I’ve decided that I’d rather regret Not carving the stock than to regret having carved it!!! Still have to draw file and blue the .54 barrel, but all other metal work is done.
How did the color of the replacement lid end up matching the rest of the stock?

Not exactly muzzloading stuff,but took a couple of oxheart tomatoes and grape tomatoes to the gun maker that fixed my Zouave sear and sear spring. Kind of like old time bartering😁

Learning how to make paper cartridges for my cap 'n balls. Nitrated several types of papers. Fabricated home-made former jig and mandrel. A dozen or so casings made from test various papers ready to be loaded and lubed. Hopefully ready to test fire tomorrow.

Back