• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

What Muzzleloading Stuff Did You Do Today?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, $18.00 per 100 here 🤤
I was in a gun shop last evening. I found out he had black powder. Stopped in and picked up a couple pounds. I was ready to leave and the thought crossed my mind….” Have any percussion caps?” Yep. He pulled down a box with quite a few in them. Looked like a variety of kinds. He said $9 a tin. I don’t need any but other than Walmart, that’s the best price I’ve heard.

Was bored yesterday so I cleaned all of my guns. Had some time left, so I made a loading block for my .32 cal SMR.

Attachments

• collection.jpg
    collection.jpg
    237.3 KB · Views: 0
  • Loading Block.jpg
    Loading Block.jpg
    322.2 KB · Views: 0
I showed my wife the ‘new’ Jukar today. She asked “how many do have like that?”.

“I don’t know “ I replied.

She just shook her head, smiled and said “you’re crazy “.😄

My standard reply is always….

“ Not as many as you have shoes”….
👍

Doing tedious stuff today. Marked, cut, rounded, and smoothed all the pins for the Maple Woodsrunner. Then filed the screw heads flush on the nose cap and re-polished. And I did put a 3rd coat of T&T on the Cherry stock. And staying inside.

Attachments

• IMG_2374.jpeg
    IMG_2374.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2372.jpeg
    IMG_2372.jpeg
    962.9 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2371.jpeg
    IMG_2371.jpeg
    920.7 KB · Views: 0
Ive been pecking away at this old CVA Kentucky kit for way too long. The thimble attachment is very different. Screws up through the rr channel and its the thimbles. Really don't like it! Going to come up with something different, just don't know what.

20230805_110327_copy_600x800.jpg
20230805_110332_copy_600x800.jpg

That barrel/ramrod web thickness is perfect for pipes that get pinned in place.

That's exactly what I'm thinking. I have a set of pipes stashed somewhere and they might work if I can find them 🤔. Or maybe attach a fin to the underside od the kit thimbles.

TDM, how is the color coming on your Cherry Woodsrunner?
The nose cap on the Maple Woodsrunner is looking good. Are you going to go over it with Scotch Brite or leave it high polished?
I think I’m pleased with the color on the Cherry. I’m going to burnish it fairly heavily agin tomorrow and see how it goes. On the brass parts I’ll use a diluted mix of Jax Brown and distilled water. I’ll do both rifles with pretty much the same aged tone. I just like to start with polished. Makes me feel like I did something on a kit that doesn’t require much!!!!

Anxious to see the pictures when you get it finished.
Thanks, it want be too much longer, especially on the Cherry. I’m still on the fence on how much carving to do on the Maple. But pretty much all on both rifles will be done in the few days except for the final wood finish on the Maple.

Back