• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

What Muzzleloading Stuff Did You Do Today?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am still trying to identify the Dragoon that I bought. A local man told me to contact Vicky at VTI Gun Parts. I sent her the pictures and am waiting to hear back. The people that I have showed it to all say about thing. Sure is pretty, ands have never seen one like it. Wish me luck! If any of you know what it may be, please let me know.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 0
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 0
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 0
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 0
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 0
@Boomerang mentioned .005 copper foil on Amazon soil took a look at it. While there some .005 aluminum popped up so decided to try both. Double pop can has been OK but cutting up the cans is a pita and so is folding them! The copper was $15.73 for 12" X 30" and the aluminum was $8.79 for the same size.
View attachment 233368

So far I've tried the aluminum and it makes a much better cap body than the pop can. The pop can made quite a few that were skewed to one side. This aluminum foil made every one perfect. Got 20 out of a 3/4" X 12" piece. Looks like the straps can be narrowed to closer to 1/2".

I'll be testing the copper later today.

View attachment 233369is the aluminum same thickness as copper I have the copper roll. Works OK. The aluminum cans I'm getting the something as you said.

I went over to a friend's house because he wanted to see how my borescope worked... so he can get one if he likes it.
I told him to pull out his twist barrel, a gun I've been after for a while (he's never shot it), and besides both vent liners looking like the one on my Pedersoli .32, we saw this in one of the barrels o_O

IMG_2123.JPG

I went over to a friend's house because he wanted to see how my borescope worked... so he can get one if he likes it.
I told him to pull out his twist barrel, a gun I've been after for a while (he's never shot it), and besides both vent liners looking like the one on my Pedersoli .32, we saw this in one of the barrels o_O

View attachment 235798
Finding that would bug me…..😎

Cleaning a barrel as usual, I occasionally drop a AAA battery down the bore to see better the progress being made.
Well, you guessed it, towards the end I forgot to dump the battery out and made the last few dry patch strokes and oiled patch stroke with the battery still in.
Didn't realize it of coarse until I couldn't find the battery to put it back in for a final check, after ransacking the work bench looking for the battery I finally figured there was only one place it could be.
It was firmly stuck but luckily, a healthy shot of air from the compressor blew it right out.:doh:

Today I paid $21 for 100 Remington Caps at Dixon's. Greg was apologetic about the high price.
I've only got one caplock, a .32 CVA Varmint that does its job very well, but I have to feed it. I think I need to look around at flea markets, swap meets, etc to see if I can find any that way.
Friday it will be on the range.
Walmart has a spot for CCI #11 for $5.64, I keep checking

View attachment 235798
What type borescope do you have? Good quality video!

Back