• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

What Muzzleloading Stuff Did You Do Today?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don’t put things into my mind making BP thats illegal in uk for us plebs But It makes good willow charcoal black paint though I think a stone tumbler is better next project Its a copy of a massive stone mill we had at one of our companies. The stones were 5 ft dia and 2 ft wide evil beast when running fast

Don’t put things into my mind making BP thats illegal in uk for us plebs But It makes good willow charcoal black paint though I think a stone tumbler is better next project Its a copy of a massive stone mill we had at one of our companies. The stones were 5 ft dia and 2 ft wide evil beast when running fast

Aah,

Sorry, I just assumed with all the talk about making your own that was what it was all about. "The stones were 5 ft dia and 2 ft wide evil beast when running fast", Dang!!! I bet that is wild to see.

RM

Shhhhhhhhh a gentleman never says. Never assume anything, you never really know what the other is thinking ha ha ha. I do paint a lot so making black paint seems a fair reason for a stone mill. Nice to chat to you

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 33
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 30
Those are your paintings? You are a fine artist!
Oh thank you I could never paint until I started watching Bob Ross and. Uk guy Curchod I just photo and project it onto a canvas. Then it’s painting by numbers just done this one , original sold for £5m. I can watch a NETFIX on the big screen as well.
nice to chat thanks.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 27
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 23
Aah,

Sorry, I just assumed with all the talk about making your own that was what it was all about. "The stones were 5 ft dia and 2 ft wide evil beast when running fast", Dang!!! I bet that is wild to see.

RM
Frightened the bloody life out of me when it was running crushing rock salt it must have been from 1850s or before, massive gears made out of apple wood Typical gunpowder mill many still in use. Just had to make a mini one. Wife won’t have it in kitchen though haha Of course at 78 I am totally mad !!!!!! The police took away my shotguns as I might shoot intruders but not bad with a bow and arrow so it did not bother me. Little hunting in uk

Attachments

• 03BD87E8-9C4B-46FC-B17C-923FDF4358BE.jpeg
    03BD87E8-9C4B-46FC-B17C-923FDF4358BE.jpeg
    122.4 KB · Views: 35
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 22
Frightened the bloody life out of me when it was running crushing rock salt it must have been from 1850s or before, massive gears made out of apple wood Typical gunpowder mill many still in use. Just had to make a mini one. Wife won’t have it in kitchen though haha Of course at 78 I am totally mad !!!!!! The police took away my shotguns as I might shoot intruders but not bad with a bow and arrow so it did not bother me. Little hunting in uk

Very Nice!

I see you are one that has been at this sport a long time! It isn't a short learning curve . It takes time and a lot of shooting and adapting to conditions to get good at our sport!
Not as well seasoned at it as you may think. Which is one of the reasons I hang out here! I learn something new every time I come here.
We do have some members here who are truly world renowned experts at the sport and the history. It's a joy (and a P.I.T.A.) but it's a great place to be!

Well, I guess I'll have to fess up, having just spilled the beans, so to speak, to Notchy Bob. I loaded up a bunch of those things that you put into a gun these days with 20gr of 3Fg and shot them off in m y modern revolver at 50m to see how they went.

So that really WAS some black powder shooting.

To my amazement all 31 shots could be covered by the palm of my hand [less fingers]. The range - surrounded by trees - looked like the scene of the opening shots in the Battle of the Cornfield and the aroma lingered [so I was told later] long after I had left.

I'll be doing it again, that's certain - you might look for it on youtube. I'm told that it was very strange to watch a modern ********-firing handgun making that flat crack and spouting forth a two-foot long flame and enough smoke to choke Belelzebub.

Apologies to the purists here, but a fella has to find his fun where he can in these straitened times.....

I just returned from Dixie Gun Works. I sure would like to have the Gatling gun chambered in 45-70 they have for only $47,500! They have a lot of antique guns there. Some are in very good condition, some not so much. I guess if I were as old as some of the earlier one's, I probably wouldn't be in too good a shape myself! There was a four barrel pivot, a three barrel which is a double with the third barrel underneath using a under hammer, and a nice superimposed gun. in percussion. Unfortunately, they sit too far behind a counter for me to get as good a look as I would like.
In the antique car room, they have a nice '38 Packard straight eight, and many neat other cars as well, including an electric car. Did you know there was a such thing as a steam powered popcorn popper? I wish I could include pictures.

Last edited:
Ordered some lead balls from a guy in Georgia. I'm about given up on wheel weight lead and molding my own.I think I'll go after "soft stuff." Plus I'm (slowly) getting a dent out of a brass flask.

Went shooting today in 25-30 mph winds in KY.. Shooting bowling pins in a round robin style shoot.
Missed them most of the afternoon & lost my audio mike that was attached to my coat.
I spent 25 minutes or so looking & finally found that little rascal.
Finished shooting the video just before dark...LOL

Screen Shot 2022-02-16 at 11.51.52 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-02-16 at 11.55.07 PM.png

Set up my new (to me) tent that I bought at the 18th Century Market Fair so it could air out a little. It smells a little moldy, although I don‘t see any mold. I hope to get the smell out before the rendezvous. Since it was up I put in some of my “furnishings” just for fun.
20220216_162211.jpg

Back