• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

What Muzzleloading Stuff Did You Do Today?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep they seem like nice people, good family owned operation for about 3 or 4 generations now. I looked through their entire catalog this evening, very impressive selection of Muzzleloading items, guns, books, etc.

Deerstalkert.................She's a shy girl and doesn't have her makeup on just yet. You know how girls are , she'll be going " boom " in a month or so. May be able ta git the neighbor over w/his fancy phone for photo session for ya. Her s/n is somewhere about 160+ I've lost count. ............oldwood

Spent some time in my friends shop. He sure does some nice work.
20220126_134903.jpg

Deerstalkert.................She's a shy girl and doesn't have her makeup on just yet. You know how girls are , she'll be going " boom " in a month or so. May be able ta git the neighbor over w/his fancy phone for photo session for ya. Her s/n is somewhere about 160+ I've lost count. ............oldwood
she going to be a blond or brunet? maybe redhead?

Guys , I would say , she will be , dark roots , with orangeish highlights. Since the sugar maple is pretty hard , this wood can be stained w/ straight Fiebing's black alcohol . stain , followed by a blow dry with an industrial hair drier. Oh , then ,a rubdown down using 0000 steel wool to dewisker her and final polish before the orange is applied. Blow dry , another wool rubdown to get the last whisker, a check of overall color . If all is well , a rich drenching coat of sealer. . Waterlox , or whatever u got that penetrates deep. Then , give her a three day rest to thoroughly dry in a nice warm , dry place. Next , three or four days of final finish , including a wax job , and she heads to her next appointment at the range. Oh , Forgot she had her metal colored brown , in the browning box , while her wood finish was curing. A sexy French flint in her lock hammer jaws , and next appointment is at the range , to see what she's made to do. .......With front sight file in hand , ......................oldwood

Working on a target load for shooting out to about 80 yards

T/C Big Boar .58 and Goex 2F - 75gr

Started with a .562 ball I use for my other rifle and with different size patches. Big groups and decided to use .570 Cast ball. Ended up with same patch (.018 Ox yoke) I use on other rifle.

At 50 yards I’m at about a 3 inch + “post it”size group -POI is on POA as I was holding At 6oclock . I’ll keep tinkering with it and squeeze that group tighter. Not bad for off back off vehicle 2nd time shooting rifle.

Patches could have been reused.

Fun Plinking today with the 280gr PRB … Easier on shoulder than the REAL 445gr Bullet I shot last time. All fun though!
C93F8E00-025D-4B97-9B24-8D237F331585.jpeg

Attachments

• C61296C4-055A-4FC6-8B6A-E9045148C448.jpeg
    C61296C4-055A-4FC6-8B6A-E9045148C448.jpeg
    129.8 KB · Views: 17
  • FDA8C0E3-6FB9-4762-8B67-E952CF64184D.jpeg
    FDA8C0E3-6FB9-4762-8B67-E952CF64184D.jpeg
    107.7 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
Nothing. every time i headed for the shop, the phone would ring. Grass widow down the hill had no hot water.
then wife couldn't turn the new f150 around in the yard due to snow banks. four hours plowing and she decides she don't need to go anywhere after all!
i hear my stock in the checkering cradle calling.
well i made the stock cry for help and then i spun up a couple antler tips for ram rod ends. finally got into the shop!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back