• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

What Muzzleloading Stuff Did You Do Today?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had the past two days to go to the woods. About a foot of fresh snow. Got to wear my new Capote made by ClanMan on this board, and shoot my flintlock!!!!
Good times!

Attachments

• BA4598DD-32AD-4885-B48B-9F115B4E0D74.jpeg
    BA4598DD-32AD-4885-B48B-9F115B4E0D74.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 3
Actually, that was a heavy cream carton. Very dangerous those! Two reasons I kept looking at the carton; the misfire could have become a hangfire without any warning so you keep the gun pointed down range for a while, and I was also looking to see if maybe I had nicked it and it was slowly bleeding to death.
Well, even with the struggles, you creamed it in the end! :thumb:

Pete

I owned a Pedersoli Queen Anne at one point, the muzzle flare made it extremely difficult to use. I was younger and less patient than I am now, so I sold it to @cynthialee. Hopefully she enjoyed it more than I did.
well I traded it for an 1863 pocket pistol with a conversion cylinder and the normal one

I did have fun with it for a while, but I prefer percussion cap firearms. Never had a problem with it at all. Fired every time I pulled the trigger. Just didn't like the big flash from the pan. I had to be very aware of myself to not flinch when it fired.

I took apart the lock on my Indian Trade musket and polished everything. Did a little bit of edge breaking here and there, too.
Waaaay better. I would not say it is any lighter, although it must be, but it's a lot smoother when cocking and pulling the trigger and that difference is easily noticed.

I'm thinking about throwing a bag together and taking it out back to do a little offhand shooting.

Loaded up some .69 tubes with powder and .678 round balls for my original 1842 Harpers Ferry musket. Lock is marked 1844 and barrel is 1845, so it's a fairly early one. I've had this musket for over 15 years and hadn't shot it until Sunday. Went BOOM! every time. Hits were scattered at 25 yards and low. Need to bench it.

I keep looking at this German rifle at Holts auction. Bidding is still on line not face to face as before Colvid .550 bore I recon not much change out of £2200’. 🥲🥲🥲🥲

Attachments

• 81D24C71-399B-4C24-A5CE-1066E0583847.jpeg
    81D24C71-399B-4C24-A5CE-1066E0583847.jpeg
    330.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 0C9531C7-C983-4B8F-B269-A74E1E1A4592.jpeg
    0C9531C7-C983-4B8F-B269-A74E1E1A4592.jpeg
    158 KB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back