• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

What is your next project going to be?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My next project is going to be a scaled down flintlock rifle for my son. He just turned 6 a month ago. I plan on presenting him with it either at Christmas or his 7th birthday. I better not putter around too long as time does have a way of getting away on me at times.

Next projects:
A new stock for my TC Hawken (either TOTW or Pecatonica)
A flinter, not sure on kit but I've been looking at TOTW alot. Golden Age Arms Co used to have many nice kits, but I can't find them on the web anymore. Any one know if they are still in business (or heard of them)? :hmm:

I have two builds going on right now, my friend's Jeager and a dragoon pistol. After that comes a J. Dickert inspired rifle for me. Problem is I can't decide if the Dickert will be a 1792 Contract Rifle, a fully carved flinter or a carved flinter that was converted to a percussion halfstock?

So many ideas, so little time! :winking:

My next project will be my first venture into "gunbuilding" so I am starting as this way.

New Pecatonica stock for the new GM drop in barrel that I bought for the T/C Hawken. I am getting the conversion kit from The Hawken Shop to replace the brass furniture since the GM barrel already has blackened thimbles.

convkit.jpg

I figure this will at lease give me enough exposure to know either that I want to do more or that I don't.

My next project neeeds to be to finish the 4 or 5 projects i already have started......

32 cal side hammer
40 flint pistol
40 perc pistol
finish repairing a Renegade stock

and this contract mapping/geology/engineering job i have been working on for the last 6 months that keeps me 250 miles from my gun work.. (well, at least its income in) :grin:

so back to work and maybe i can finish up and do some fun work in a month or two....

rayb

every day a holiday, every meal a feast, Saturday was payday..

My next project is a Chamber's Virginia of the .58 persuasion... My first (and ongoing currently) is a J. Dickert Lancaster that I'm building for my dad's father's day gift. I guess I could be tempted to stray at Fort Frederick in a few weeks... Lord give me strength to continue... :grin:

When I was on the road for Nortel, I took projects with me. There was alwasys small stuff that could be worked on that did not need my home shop. I made a powder horn, knives, flintlock mechanisum. I did the filing and finish work on it.

I've got a box of parts including a L&R Dickert Flintlock along with a Pecatonica River A.Verner (Bucks Co. #3 C.M.) stock and a Rice .50 cal swamped barrel just sitting there waiting for me to finish my Tennessee. :)

Ah warned Ye, this gunbuilding are addickting :grin:

Mike Brooks said:
I'm putting a steel roof on a section of the barn that measures 20'X30'. I'm not nearly as excited about it as you guys are about your upcoming projects. :winking:

Well are ya gonna engrave it or not? THAT I would like to see! :rotf:

Davy

Latest posts

Back