• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

What happened to my T/C Scout thread?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Al Bently

40 Cal.
Reaction score
What happened to my T/C Scout thread? It long pre-dates the pellet days and it's easily as historical as one of those stainless steel Ruger revolvers...

The TC Patriot is considered to be of a historic shape for a pistol.
The TC Scout on the other hand was considered by the owner of the Forum to be too modern owing to its in line ignition system.

Yes, we know.
The Cap & Ball revolvers use a similar system but there is no denying that they were used from the 1830's thru 1865.

There is no recognized proof that a pistol like the Scout was widely sold or used during that period.

Zonie said:
The TC Patriot is considered to be of a historic shape for a pistol.
The TC Scout on the other hand was considered by the owner of the Forum to be too modern owing to its in line ignition system.

Yes, we know.
The Cap & Ball revolvers use a similar system but there is no denying that they were used from the 1830's thru 1865.

There is no recognized proof that a pistol like the Scout was widely sold or used during that period.

Really? No kidding? Are you serious? I thought it might be because the Scout is so ugly or that maybe I had not hit the "Add Post" button before going to lunch.

No worries -- I will simply ask over at The High Road. I wish the thread would simply have been closed so I could copy and paste it over there. Thanks for getting back to me.

Box lock actions used in the cap and ball revolvers are hardly "In lines" and date back to the flintlock days as a style of action. Most of the "muff pistols" had such actions. The Scout is a modern non-tradional design. But never was an in-line. My Wurflein muzzleloader built about 1860, has such an action and is an "in line" because it uses a striker that acts like a firing pin and runs forward to strike the percussion cap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back