• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

What grade wood is this?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sooo , what grade is quilted , and birds eye , and tortoise shell maple? We must be talking plain striped , or curly maple grading. :dunno: Guess plain "curly " maple is what folks settle for today.

I think quilted and curly maple are different but similar types of figure, Birdseye is altogether different. The grade isn’t about the type of figure but rather the amount of it.

Definitely 'fancy' grade! Jim does a phenomenal job on his wood. Or maybe I should better state that his wood vendor does!

I ordered fancy for the Colonial rifle I'm making and giving to my best friend and there's incredible stripes on the entire length!
I believe Jim does some milling work now for quality control.

the fancy wood for me is like dressing a good looking woman in fine clothes.
and remember Cynthia, i have met you and know you like fine clothes!:ghostly:
that is funny

For those who haven't met me I'd say my fashion sense is best described as "Holly Hobby turned into a Stoner and said screw it"

I know what a stoner is, but who is Holly Hobby?
Was a fictional character created by Denise Hobbie. Made a lot of dolls of her years ago with a mod podge of colors and designs all on one dress (think checkered pattern on quilt, but random colors or designs such as plaid).

Here’s my new Kibler. I finished this kit in the last couple days.

What grade of wood?

EE038A19-4C4D-4C87-85A7-6EB66B10E505.jpeg

62C642E8-1022-4B21-9265-A3C1DA7CB07C.jpeg

i think i am going to start buying from Kibler. building from a plank is just getting to be a bit much for me and the end product don't look like that. have 3 plank builds to finish and wonder if i will get them done, or may have to get an extension on life! 🤣
You’ve got such a fun sense of humor..

Back