• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

A Moment of Weakness

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
54 is my all time favorite caliber. 45 is a second close but 54 can and does do whatever you need doing.

Congrats on your new addiction. Enjoy the process and don't get bogged down on the final product. The ride is where it is at.
Yup, it's the 'going there' that's the most fun....the discovery and homework, the process

This is the way to go with anything one wants to do , I am either all in or nothing at all. Always get the best you can afford because you will always wonder. I have a SMR I have to get started on from Jim I got last year but with us having to take care of my mother who just passed in February, 13 of this year from Parkinson’s I now have the time as soon as I wrap everything up with the lawyer and here personals with the house and all. I can’t wait…P.S. Happy building and enjoy your new rifle, I really mean this because life is to short…

congratulations on your new rifle! Keep your tools sharp, never work on the project when you're tired, and did i mention keep our tools sharp?

Best of luck, and make good smoke :)

Putting it together and taking it apart seems to be the assembly process here- the trigger only had like a 1/16" swing to it, so I dug some wood out of the slot which fixed that. Then I needed to shave some wood to give the breech some room, so the tang would fit properly. Also needed to elongate the hole in the barrel below the tang about .025" (down) to align with the rear lock and side plate holes. The front holes were okay. I hope to get everything easy to take apart and put together for cleaning purposes in the future. The front brass went on good as well as ramrod barrels and barrel pins. It cocks and sparks good! I got spare flints and the 'ultimate' spring vice so I can mess with the lock. So, on to the sights and ramrod we go........

Attachments

• WR5.jpg
    WR5.jpg
    273.9 KB · Views: 0
  • WR6.jpg
    WR6.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 0
UPDATE 2
Working on the Woods Runner a little ea. nite after work, as it's been raining for the last month almost every day it seems...ground too soggy to do much outside even though I did get a few onions and peas in 2 weeks ago.

Here's the Patchbox, was very sticky, now working easy and smooth.
WR8.jpg

Here's the ramrod being tapered/reduced for easy use. Sandpaper in the vice per JKibler takes it down fairly quick. The Nail supplied for the tip was installed with the help of a #49 drill bit, cut and peened over, then filed.
WR7.jpg

And, I think the assembly is done! (except for shortening pins) It think it be easy to take apart and put back together.
I could take it out and shoot it. I think I will as soon as I aquire black powder, ball, and patches. And something to measure black powder with.
WR9.jpg

This is the way to go with anything one wants to do , I am either all in or nothing at all. Always get the best you can afford because you will always wonder. I have a SMR I have to get started on from Jim I got last year but with us having to take care of my mother who just passed in February, 13 of this year from Parkinson’s I now have the time as soon as I wrap everything up with the lawyer and here personals with the house and all. I can’t wait…P.S. Happy building and enjoy your new rifle, I really mean this because life is to short…
My mother also passed with Parkinson's, Tenring; about 4 years ago, so I know a little of what you went through. Hang in there and it will get better. I will be here to see your build God willing and the creek don't rise.

Latest posts

Back