• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Well, I'm dead (lost flint & steel)

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stumpkiller said:
I worked at a Jamboree for Boy Scouts in a demo area showing five ways to start a fire. The bow-drill method was my least successful. I suppose if I had a dry lower bearing/notch board, or with cedar instead of maple, it would go well, but with green or locally gathered materials I had to improvise.

That is: "Puff, puff. At this point we should get a hot ember . . . pant, pant, much like this one I have from the last station."

The steel wool pad and battery - I'm great with that one!

Well illustrated my friend; that is the best thing about using a fire drill - even if you do nit start a fire, you still get nice and warm :rotf:

Stumpkiller said:
How simple a thing that could have had fatal consequences to our ancesters.
Pretty humbling to think about how much they relied on themselves. Today, we take too much for granted. They had to work hard just to stay alive, much less have comfortable personals belongings.

One can light the candle directly from charcloth. ...Saves a step. Practice this first because starting the candle is not as easy as it sounds.

Back