• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

FOR SALE We need a “Member Feedback” thread/forum badly.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bptactical

Not a Pilgrim
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
With the number of recent threads of lowlife members who have burned other members on transactions it is clearly needed.
While we all are adults and understand the meaning of “Caveat Emptor” the fraudulent transactions are growing in number.
Members are expected to perform their due diligence prior to sending funds naturally but I feel there is a reasonable expectation of the forum to provide a tool for members to “Vet” other members prior to conducting a transaction with them.

A Member Feedback section is long and painfully overdue.

What say ye?

It's no one's business who conducts business with who or what they conduct business about.

The very last thing the firearm world needs is a thread outlining who sold what to who and when they sold it.

And to toss in a bit of tinfoil and black helicopters, it gives the government a list of names they can use to get names of other people.

You asked for opinions. That's my opinion.

Last edited:
Such a forum could have unexpected and sometimes false feedback. A buyers expectation of a properly represented item might be different that what he 'thought' it was going to be. That could result in a negative review of the seller that is totally unwarranted. I say 'no' to the idea.
Good points and I agree. I've participated in quite a few transactions here and never been hurt. Even a few with relatively new members whose activity here on the forum made it clear to me that they were OK.

It's probably a legal and liability quagmire for the site to attempt to vet buyers.

Do your research and make your own decision. If in doubt, decline.

If you have a relationship with an FFL dealer you could have the seller send it to your FFL from his FFL.. Granted BP firearms don't generally need to go through a dealer, still it is a Federal connection dealer to dealer. The seller takes his item to his FFL, when his dealer gets payment he sends it to your FFL. My dealer would not make me fill out a 4473 since it is BP. You are simply using the two dealers to insure that both parties get what they bargained for. Of course each dealer would charge a fee but that is far better off than getting ripped off.

With the number of recent threads of lowlife members who have burned other members on transactions it is clearly needed.
While we all are adults and understand the meaning of “Caveat Emptor” the fraudulent transactions are growing in number.
Members are expected to perform their due diligence prior to sending funds naturally but I feel there is a reasonable expectation of the forum to provide a tool for members to “Vet” other members prior to conducting a transaction with them.

What say ye?
Seems like a very good idea

Such a forum could have unexpected and sometimes false feedback. A buyers expectation of a properly represented item might be different that what he 'thought' it was going to be. That could result in a negative review of the seller that is totally unwarranted. I say 'no' to the idea.
I've been part of an old tractor discussion board for years and they have a feedback forum. Sometimes members post a legitimate rip off story. That is helpful. Sometimes members will post a whiny story about buying a part for an 80 year old tractor and it wasn't like brand new off the shelf from NAPA.

I've been part of an old tractor discussion board for years and they have a feedback forum. Sometimes members post a legitimate rip off story. That is helpful. Sometimes members will post a whiny story about buying a part for an 80 year old tractor and it wasn't like brand new off the shelf from NAPA.
The government isn't going after 80 year old tractors and tractor parts.

The government is going after guns. All types of guns. Including muzzleloading guns and muzzleloading accessories and muzzleloading gun powder.

Now the entire gun hating world will know who sells all kinds of guns and who they sold them to.

To all the people buying guns, request that the seller doesn't provide feedback and/or enter your gun buying information into The Muzzleloading Forum gun buying data base.

Last edited:

What say ye?
Do we really?
Just purchase from long standing members, supporting members, and people with a history.
Avoid the cousin in Texas or anyone that just joined to sell his uncles whatchacallit… and you’ll be fine.

The government isn't going after 80 year old tractors and tractor parts.

The government is going after guns. All types of guns. Including muzzleloading guns and muzzleloading accessories and muzzleloading gun powder.

Now the entire gun hating world will know who sells all kinds of guns and who they sold them to.

To all the people buying guns, request that the seller doesn't provide feedback and/or enter your gun buying information into The Muzzleloading Forum gun buying data base.
Not the point of my post but so it goes. Unless the government knows the real names of the posters instead of their handles it won't do them any good.

I agree with some of what you say…
… however if they want to find out who is buying any type of firearm, they don’t need to do a search of someone’s classified ad rating, they can get the information they’re interested in a 109 other ways.

Not the point of my post but so it goes. Unless the government knows the real names of the posters instead of their handles it won't do them any good.
Big brother already knows. The average person would be amazed at the amount of identifying and personal info the Feds can dig up on you in just a few hours. Remember, if you are doing something/anything online, somebody is watching And storing the data.

This is where everyone’s information is kept

Attachments

• IMG_2675.jpeg
    IMG_2675.jpeg
    596 KB · Views: 0
Big brother already knows. The average person would be amazed at the amount of identifying and personal info the Feds can dig up on you in just a few hours. Remember, if you are doing something/anything online, somebody is watching And storing the data.
Yep, check out the current visitors page on this forum...
Screenshot_2023-10-22-19-17-27-072.jpg

And people willingly allow spy devices in their home. Alexa, play Mozart. Alexa, record everything I say and do.
You have a cellphone that records your every move. Your car stores all the data of where you have been. Every time you use a credit card they know what you bought. Google tracks everything you look up.

And people willingly allow spy devices in their home. Alexa, play Mozart. Alexa, record everything I say and do.
You have a cellphone that records your every move. Your car stores all the data of where you have been. Every time you use a credit card they know what you bought. Google tracks everything you look up.
Who is they?
Nit Wit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back