• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

WD-40

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roundball

Cannon
Reaction score
Does anyone have any evidence.....that the WD-40 formula has changed within the past 10 years?

"SAN DIEGO ”“ At age 50, WD-40 is getting a makeover.

The formula of the legendary lubricant has not changed, but it's easier to use, thanks to the introduction of a new, limited edition contoured can."

It still smells and works the same as far as I can tell. I'd bet the aerosol propellent has changed.

WD-40 is great for hinges,but on firearms-not mine!It leaves a fine varnish with repeat applications.The film becomes a gummy action wrecking mess. :hmm:

"Does anyone have any evidence.....that the WD-40 formula has changed within the past 10 years"?

roundball said:
"Does anyone have any evidence.....that the WD-40 formula has changed within the past 10 years"?

I have a gallon that has moved from the basement to the garage..................that CHANGE was about 90ft.

It's a great solvent. I've used it for 40+ years with great results. It removes rust and stops it. It removes and softens hardened grease. It isn't a lubricant.

Don't it displace moisture too? I've changed from WD40 to Kroil.

Yep, best stuff in the world for getting a car started that has a wet electrical system.

I read somewhere that it is now a rust preventative, which it previously wasn't. I'd like to see this confirmed.

I've used the stuff back in the 70's as a rust preservative in Hawaii. Humidity, salt, all that stuff. Worked fine then.

They did change the propellant in the spray cans! It use to be propane or something simular, now it won't start an engine, or so they tell me! :hmm:

And it's a lot easier on motor parts then starter fluid to get a engine started,, I used it on my big rig, A friend was a diesel mechanic and would jump ALL over me if I used started fluid,
Works on car engines and lawn mowers

WD40 = Water Displacing Formula 40. Thanks to the space program, where it was developed.

Back