• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Wasps Nest?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wish I'd saved the paper wasp nest I knocked down from the peak of my eaves some years ago - before muzzleloading days - because it was literally a foot wide and a foot and a half long.

If it'll fit, a quick visit to the freezer or microwave will deal w/ any developing larvae missed by the spray.

I've used it before a few times. Never did anything to it and never had a problem. Then switched to natural sheep's wool. Used to buy it from a couple different guys on eBay. Pretty good deal at about 12-15 bucks for a large priority envelope stuffed completely full.

and they say wasps have no humor!
1693015348670.png

Its hornets nest , and its the outside material not the nest proper in the middle , its usually full of grubs which you dont want . If you find an empty wasp nest , sure use it , same material and it won't burn so any of said stuff won't burn the leaves and catch the woods on fire . Hornets nest is best any how as it separates and scattered after leaving the Muzzle . Kinda like corn meal ....the hornets nest material just disperses , almost disintegrates and gets outta the way , good stuff , dont burn and even historically correct ....if yer into such things :)

Attachments

• IMG_20230826_125312.jpg
    IMG_20230826_125312.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Hello everyone, I hunt a lot with my SxS Double barrel original smoothbores. And this spring I noticed a Bald face Hornets' nest being built in my tractor shed (About the size if a Softball). So, I thought I'll leave it there and get larger than try this fall in my guns. Well, there are very active, and the nest is the size of 2 Basketballs now. Will they leave it this fall, or do I have to kill them? I really don't want to kill them because they are eating a lot of larger flying insects around my garage. Any help would be appreciated.

Hello everyone, I hunt a lot with my SxS Double barrel original smoothbores. And this spring I noticed a Bald face Hornets' nest being built in my tractor shed (About the size if a Softball). So, I thought I'll leave it there and get larger than try this fall in my guns. Well, there are very active, and the nest is the size of 2 Basketballs now. Will they leave it this fall, or do I have to kill them? I really don't want to kill them because they are eating a lot of larger flying insects around my garage. Any help would be appreciated.
You don't have to kill them but they won't leave until freezing weather, maybe not fall but winter

I tried some last summer in a 50 and 54, found a nice size one after the snow was felling, couldn't see any improvement or decrease when using it as wadding.

What larger insects are worse than bald face hornets???!!!

Back