• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

FOR SALE Wasp nest

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Supposedly the wasps and hornets hate the smell of vinegar. I know fleas do, I he’d to rip out some flea infested carpet once at a rental and hosed myself down with vinegar- it works. I’ll pay the annoying neighbor kid $20 to test the theory.

Supposedly the wasps and hornets hate the smell of vinegar. I know fleas do, I he’d to rip out some flea infested carpet once at a rental and hosed myself down with vinegar- it works. I’ll pay the annoying neighbor kid $20 to test the theory.
We have the black hornets that nest in the ground ,so in the summer be aware of where you step cause they are nasty .

We have the black hornets that nest in the ground ,so in the summer be aware of where you step cause they are nasty .
I've burnt out a few of those nests in my years. I also saw a neighbor after she ran over one with a riding mower. Those yellow jackets (what we call them) really did a number on her. A tomato paste can full of gasoline after dark fixed that problem!

Would there be interest in purchasing wasp nest for wadding?
View attachment 307836It’s about the size of a basket ball.
My preference is the outside paper but some folks prefer the comb, your choice
$5 per ziploc sandwich bag full plus shipping.
Wasps not included!!View attachment 307838
Would there be interest in purchasing wasp nest for wadding?
View attachment 307836It’s about the size of a basket ball.
My preference is the outside paper but some folks prefer the comb, your choice
$5 per ziploc sandwich bag full plus shipping.
Wasps not included!!View attachment 307838
That’s not a wasp nest.
It’s a hornet’s nest.

I assume your being sarcastic?
There’s no way im collecting them in mid summer when there full of hornets.
I do know a few folks that have waited till a frost to collect the nest and bring them inside, where they warm up and swarm inside the house. Paper is a good insulator. It takes a couple of hard freezes to kill em off.
I prune professionally and find them in late winter in the trees. I’ve been collecting them and using them for years.
Tear the nest down after a good frost or two.
Put it in a large, heavy duty garbage bag.
Gather up the open end of the bag to where it is about 75% closed. Take some wasp and hornet spray and spray about 4 or 5 shots of about 5 seconds each down in the bag on the nest and the inside surfaces of the bag.
Twist tight, fold over, and tie the twisted “ neck “ tight. Put the bag in a safe place that stays above freezing and let the fumes from the spray do their work for about a month. There should not be any surviving insects at this point. You can now remove the nest from the bag and put it somewhere to air out for a very few days to get rid of the chemical smell.
I would not leave it out too long in case some other wasps or hornets want to re-populate it.
You might want to store it in another bag until use.

I love to get up to the nests whether above ground or in it the ground after dark shoot the nests with break clean they fall right down dead. I’ve tried all kinds of raid and other products that say they shoot 10-20 feet and got stung. But the plain can of Break clean or klean kills them immediately

Tear the nest down after a good frost or two.
Put it in a large, heavy duty garbage bag.
Gather up the open end of the bag to where it is about 75% closed. Take some wasp and hornet spray and spray about 4 or 5 shots of about 5 seconds each down in the bag on the nest and the inside surfaces of the bag.
Twist tight, fold over, and tie the twisted “ neck “ tight. Put the bag in a safe place that stays above freezing and let the fumes from the spray do their work for about a month. There should not be any surviving insects at this point. You can now remove the nest from the bag and put it somewhere to air out for a very few days to get rid of the chemical smell.
I would not leave it out too long in case some other wasps or hornets want to re-populate it.
You might want to store it in another bag until use.
No sarcasm. I put that detailed information in my post for the benefit of those who see an opportunity to get a nest, but have no experience dealing with such things. In our increasingly urbanized and suburbanized society fewer people know about things like this.
The procedure I laid out has worked for me several times.

How are you do using it... since it's sold is it OK to say...

Try a pencil sharpener... makes nice stuffing too

Like the school grinder.

Attachments

• 7292f1fa-8635-46b9-b55b-3a6592e85b01.jpeg
    7292f1fa-8635-46b9-b55b-3a6592e85b01.jpeg
    23.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Is saw this thread a while back and remembered that there's a wasp nest back in the hedge. When I gave it a poke, a bird came rocketing out. I was a little startled, as my first thought was uh-oh that's a big wasp.. I let the bird keep it

Back