• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

FOR SALE Wasp nest

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mousegunguy

40 Cal
Reaction score
Would there be interest in purchasing wasp nest for wadding?
7B2E3821-BDB5-4EDF-B33F-F7A5FE858395.jpeg
It’s about the size of a basket ball.
My preference is the outside paper but some folks prefer the comb, your choice
$5 per ziploc sandwich bag full plus shipping.
Wasps not included!!
image.jpg

I got a huge one from a member for shipping last summer. Have yet to try it but your price is good, 5 bucks not to have to bother the bee's is a bargain!

Where's this at? Never seen anything like it in my part of Texas. I use the comb cause that's all there is.

We have them here in the DFW area. But the nests are typically smaller with us as We try to keep them under control with wasp spray. But once they fooled me and there was three bigger ones crammed into our kitchen stove vent. I guess the queen didn’t survive the winter or something preyed on them. The hornets have been quite a bit sneakier with their nests though.

Come to think of it we only get the combs too. I guess the winters are too hard on them here.

I’m in central Massachusetts
It’s a white faced (bald faced) hornets nest
Ok, we don't have hornets around here. (Central Texas) Or maybe I just haven't seen any. We have the paper wasp and the yellow jacket. And the mud dauber. Maybe couple other species but none that make usable nests.

Ok, we don't have hornets around here. (Central Texas) Or maybe I just haven't seen any. We have the paper wasp and the yellow jacket. And the mud dauber. Maybe couple other species but none that make usable nests.
If you have them you will know. those suckers are about the nastiest there is when aroused. hit a tree with my skidder that had one close to 18 inches in diameter. didn't know i had until one hit me. thought someone had shot me!

No. You need to watch the nests in mid summer. The nest material NEEDS to be fresh! Get your no good son in law, mother in law, shiftless cousin, ect, to knock the nest down, or even better, gently remove it by hand. If they hum the right way, it will sooth those wasps and hornets so they won’t sting…..

No. You need to watch the nests in mid summer. The nest material NEEDS to be fresh! Get your no good son in law, mother in law, shiftless cousin, ect, to knock the nest down, or even better, gently remove it by hand. If they hum the right way, it will sooth those wasps and hornets so they won’t sting…..
I assume your being sarcastic?
There’s no way im collecting them in mid summer when there full of hornets.
I do know a few folks that have waited till a frost to collect the nest and bring them inside, where they warm up and swarm inside the house. Paper is a good insulator. It takes a couple of hard freezes to kill em off.
I prune professionally and find them in late winter in the trees. I’ve been collecting them and using them for years.

Last edited:
Back