• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

FOR SALE Wasp nests Wadding Material

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Any HC folks looking for wadding material?

I have never sold or seen any of these sell.

DM me any offers if you’re interested.

Not looking to get rich 😂. Just wanting to help a brother out.

From what I’ve read, these might not be plentiful everywhere, geographically speaking.

I do have more, and larger nests in stock. The small guinea wasps are the most predominant around here, but I do have selections of small red, large red, and mammoth black varieties to choose from if the larger hexagonal cells are your thing.

I’m collecting vacant nests now, but if demand picks up I can start harvesting inhabited nests for an extra 1.00 hazardous work fee.

I can guarantee you the wadding material here at the B Bar Ranch will not be humanely sourced. Inhabited nests will be the slightest bit crispy around the edges from the eviction notice: a short blip of the flash fireball from a spray can of ether and a lighter.

Video footage of your nest harvest can be provided upon request. Terms are 3.5% if video is submitted to AFV and wins.

Have a great day!

DD64532E-3ED4-4F08-B9DD-1A7B8724A54E.jpeg
417E6AFD-5012-4777-9CA5-9C0C98FE7441.jpegC2A8F63E-340A-499C-9509-AB88DE44BA5E.jpegB0BDF9DA-4A49-47D5-A611-61353E00A25D.jpeg2D637FF0-DA28-4A24-BF48-CF1939A3B2A2.jpeg

If you harvest any fresh ones, better pick the caps off and remove all of the larva or you will create an odor that will rival any rotten tub of redworms. From past experience, if you leave them just laying around, the larva will still hatch out even if the nest is scorched or sprayed. Also the larva make great crappie bait.

If you harvest any fresh ones, better pick the caps off and remove all of the larva or you will create an odor that will rival any rotten tub of redworms. From past experience, if you leave them just laying around, the larva will still hatch out even if the nest is scorched or sprayed. Also the larva make great crappie bait.
Waste not want not.

From what I’ve read, these might not be plentiful everywhere, geographically speaking.

I do have more, and larger nests in stock. The small guinea wasps are the most predominant around here, but I do have selections of small red, large red, and mammoth black varieties to choose from if the larger hexagonal cells are your thing.

I’m collecting vacant nests now, but if demand picks up I can start harvesting inhabited nests for an extra 1.00 hazardous work fee.

I can guarantee you the wadding material here at the B Bar Ranch will not be humanely sourced. Inhabited nests will be the slightest bit crispy around the edges from the eviction notice: a short blip of the flash fireball from a spray can of ether and a lighter.

Video footage of your nest harvest can be provided upon request. Terms are 3.5% if video is submitted to AFV and wins.

Have a great day!

View attachment 149819
View attachment 149820View attachment 149821View attachment 149822View attachment 149823
Thats not the part I use , it is the large paper that houses what you have /Ed

I shoot it with the PAUPA in it. it lubricates the bore!

Probably the most unique offering we have ever had here.
Personally, I wouldn't collect them. On the news yesterday was a piece about 'murder hornets'. These critters are about 2" long and a swarm is fatal. Also called Asian hornets, they are believed to have come from South Korea. Little is known about them. Advice was to call authorities immediately if you see any.

Personally, I wouldn't collect them. On the news yesterday was a piece about 'murder hornets'. These critters are about 2" long and a swarm is fatal. Also called Asian hornets, they are believed to have come from South Korea. Little is known about them. Advice was to call authorities immediately if you see any.
They are mighty plentiful down here, sans murder hornets. Over the years I have just about learned how to safely navigate and execute the harvesting procedure, because like earlier stated, the pupae make great fishing bait.

They are so thick here in fact that complacency will get your rear end in a world of hurt if you venture your hands into unknown places without looking first.

I worked in telecom for a long time. They built nests in the splice pedestals. This time of year down here is when their pupae are emerging as full blown wasps, and their tenders are on full alert and very aggressive.

I got nailed many times before I learned where to look, and when to pay them the most attention.

The flash fireball isn’t always the route taken, but it’s definitely the most satisfying.

Last edited:
They are mighty plentiful down here, sans murder hornets. Over the years I have just about learned how to safely navigate and execute the harvesting procedure, because like earlier stated, the pupae make great fishing bait.

They are so thick here in fact that complacency will get your rear end in a world of hurt if you venture your hands into unknown places without looking first.

I worked in telecom for a long time. They built nests in the splice pedestals. This time of year down here is when their pupae are emerging as full blown wasps, and their tenders are on full alert and very aggressive.

I got nailed many times before I learned where to look, and when to pay them the most attention.

The flash fireball isn’t always the route taken, but it’s definitely the most satisfying.
That’s funny and sad about those deadly ones. On Long Island I never met a wasp or hornet that wasn’t aggressive. Nasty and mean you are providing a great service. On the other hand my wannabe retirement home in NH has friendly hornets and wasps. When we bought the place we never saw so many of them. My wife was terrified. But after 4 years no incidents it’s like they just hang out. Never get aggressive. I just hope those aggressive ones don’t migrate north.
So what does a few nest go for do you have any of smaller caliber 😂

I think you mean PUPA. I had to look up PAUPA, and the only reference was to the name of a rap group.
MIA CULPA. you are right. the little babies that didn't make it to the hatch flyaway stage. my word sounds HAWAIAN. hope I spelt that word right?

don't you know that we collect them after OCTOBER, when the cycle is over, and they have left the nest.

Have a great day!

View attachment 149819
View attachment 149820View attachment 149821View attachment 149822View attachment 149823
a lotta PUPA in these combs that didn't make it. as I said earlier, shoot them out with the rest of the nest, great lube.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back