• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Wander Notes

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Not sure this belongs here, but so be it. Decided to take a little walk today and sat down to make a few notes (and to rest) along the way. Thought I would start this thread out as a sort of place to post journal entries made in the field. Thought about posting photographs of the Rite-In-The-Rain notebook pages, but decided that only I would be able to read my chicken scratchin'. Will start out with my own contribution, made spelling corrections, otherwise all is as it is written. :

12 Apr 2023
Morning

First Entry
Went to the woods behind the house for the 1st time in five years. Lots of brambles grow up on path in 5 years! Saw and heard lots of birds that looked & sounded familiar, but have forgotten their names. Same for trees. Been away from the woods for too long. Took T/C Renegade .56 SB w/light shot charge. This log too comfortable. Move!
Back against an oak now, Wandered a bit and found a few hunting blinds on land not my own. Left a note asking permission to walk on the land.
He'd planted corn & not harvested it to attract game. Smart!
I can see home about 1/2 mile out. Time to see if I can make it back.
Nice and quiet here. I missed that.
Home now on back porch. Primary purpose of this wander was to see if I could do it. Apparently, I can. I would estimate the distance covered @ 1 mile. Not very far, but I made it carrying a muzzle-loader & possibles bag. That's good enough for me.

Discharged gun into a cardboard box. Good pattern that hit where the sights were aligned.

Latest posts

Back