• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Verner flintlock

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, that looks like it would be a real bugger. That is some beautiful engraving.

-Ron

I'm enamoured w/ Bucks county LRs and make the elongated tail on the entry pipes but mine are much simpler. That pipe is a work of art and I can imagine the hours to make it then inlet it. You said..."never again" but now that you've got the practice, why not do a second?....Fred

Well, I had to make a Mandrel (I think that's the right word) to actually bend the brass, then mate it to a thimble, inlet it... it was just a chore.

I honest [strike]dislike[/strike] HATE building rifle, but for some reason I always find myself being drawn back to the bench. Roy will tell you that when I talk to him..... I cuss, fuss, and swear never to build another gun, but I always come back.

BTW I'm building a 54 cal smooth Virginia rifle now..... The only reason I'm doing it is to silence some "smack talk" :rotf: between some good friend who are all entering rifles at Dixon's this year.

It's killing me..... :surrender:

Hi Rick,

For sewing up a case from elk.

Dixie Gun works carries both the artificial sinew and speedy stitcher. The sinew is like heavy waxed thread. The speedy stitcher works really good too.

I just made a little pouch out of deerskin to put my flints in inside the patchbox so they don't rattle.

Ron

Very nice rifle. :hatsoff: I really like the overall look it has....how's it shoot?

I haven't shot it yet, hoping to this Saturday. Thanks for the compliment.

000 steel wool'd it out and applied some paste wax. Looks much better now, broke the glaze and gave it much smoother finish.

Twin568.jpg

Twin537.jpg

-Ron

I just looked at the receipt to be sure, it's ch-4 or P-4 grade maple.

-Ron

Back