• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Venison cooking recipes?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
so much talk of politics. anyone care to chime in with favorite deer meat or other game recipes?
one of my favorites is grilled young deer liver and onions with rice and gravy made with pan drippings served with green beans simmered with a ham hock.
and cornbread of course.
deep dish apple pie to follow things up with coffee when the cards are dealt.

Tom, is that a democrat deer or a republican deer, depends on how we burn it at the stake......... :rotf:

have'nt got around to eating mules or elephants - yet.
but if hungry enough I'd have no qualms about chowing down on either one!
all the deer i've eat seemed to be more Libertarian or Green party than anything!
PETA - people eating tasty animals.

One of my favorite ways of cooking Venison is pretty simple.
Cut some backstrap into 3/4 inch medallions.
Cast Iron pan fry in butter. Not too much, you'll know when.
About a minute before they're done, throw a splash of REAL Maple Syrup into the hot pan.
Yea baby, Good Eats! :thumbsup:

pound eye of round venison ham steaks 1/4" thick with flour and fry until brown both sides. remove from grease and pour off excess.
add 1 tablespoon of flour to drippings and brown in the grease and add seasonings. make gravy with whole milk or cream stirring often. add steaks and simmer 10 minutes or so stirring often.
this while bakeing biscuits. serve all over the biscuits and add eggs my favorite is poached.

Cut backstrap about 1" thick. Marinate overnight in your favorite marinade (red wine, soy sauce, garlic, etc). Circle with a strip of bacon held on with tooth pick. Do on charcoal grill to your taste. Accompany with tossed salad and REAL mashed potatoes. Migh-tee fine.

Back