• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Vegans in The Camp!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Simple clambake

lobsters clams scallops shrimp corn squash potatoes seaweed

I love meat but a clambake is special with good/fresh lobsters/clams

One time lobster was fed to horses in the new England states as it was considered a less then human food.
People from the north east states often missed out on good food, some wont eat corn :shocked2: including grits :haha: How ever,I wonder when the clam bake became common.
For LD I'm a thinking of some of the good historic foods, Things like Boston Brown Bread, a meal in of it self. Chowders,Unless milk is off the list, hunters puddings or puddings in a haste, both fried after cooling. Fried zuccs, mushrooms and onions, veggy pies (Townsend has a good one). Slow roasted egg plant or pumpkin stuffed with mushroom and onion.

colorado clyde said:
Clams aren't Vegan........ :haha:
Oh come on now. It pretty much stays in one spot and eats poop, its an animal that wants to be a plant.
Walk past them you can hear them sing...'Take me Bill Tyler, take me"
I don't know how horses ate them, I have feed chopped deer scraps mixed with oats to burros after a had days travel, and the seem to have liked it.

Oh come on now. It pretty much stays in one spot and eats poop, its an animal that wants to be a plant.

That could also describe a factory farm chicken, dairy cow, beef cow, pig, and farm raised fish......oh wait I left out farm raised shrimp too..... and turkeys.......
And a McDonadls customer eating a McRib.... :haha:

Year's ago, a good friend was in college, he told me that he worked at a Mickey D's and the head boss called him in the office one day to tell him that he had to let him go because he was always joking around with other fellow employee's and didn't take his job seriously enough! ___ My friend just told the boss that it was OK, but when you work for a company who's mascot is a goofy clown with goofy weird co-mascot's running around him, he didn't think "seriously" was in his job description!!...... :blah:

OK, but when you work for a company who's mascot is a goofy clown with goofy weird co-mascot's running around him, he didn't think "seriously" was in his job description!!......

Now there's CEO material.....No wonder their market share keeps shrinking.... Sometimes you can't see the forest through the trees..... :shake:

My one and only experience w/ a vegan was a designer I hired and naturally no mention was made that he was a vegan.

In the dept, were 5 other designers and all were understanding individuals, but one was a cigarette smoker and his "habit" didn't bother the others who were all non-smokers....except the vegan who did complain.

The dept. did have adequate ventilation, but somehow the large design area took on a "funny smell" and it was noticed by all, including me.

One day during lunch, I happened to see the vegan designer stirring a concoction of some white stuff, bran and a whole lot of other stuff which I didn't recognize....this was his lunch.

He persisted in complaining about the smoke and I moved him to a corner of the dept. where the cigarette smoke was less intrusive.

He finally had enough of the smoke and went up to the smoker and got into a big argument. The smoker came to me and complained of the "odd smell" that emanated from the vegan's area..

Whatever the concoction that the vegan ate for lunch produced a great amount of "gas" and his excessive flatulence was the cause of the "funny smell" which the personnel of neighboring depts. avoided by not "visiting us". In affect...we had become sorta "immune" to the smell.

My wife on my returning home also complained about an "odd odor".....it had permeated my clothing. I asked her if it was a "smokey smell" and she said it was not..

The next time the vegan complained to me about the cigarette smoke, I told him of the complaints of his flatulence by his fellow designers. He wasn't concerned at all at the "stench" that he produced, but was greatly concerned about the cigarette smoke.

Needless to say... and seeing he wasn't that good of a designer, he was terminated....much to the relief of the other designers.....Fred

Last night I grilled a couple of steaks. At breckfast I put them on to marinade in olive oil, dry red wine and herbs. Got a fire going around 6 and put them on over a bed of coals. Added some cherry wood shavings that had been soaked in water for an hour or so.
While they were cooking I fried some onion in olive oil, then added a cup of the used marinade, and a cop of beef broth, brought it to a boil. Served that spooned over the steaks. I had mine with a salad topped with blue cheese dressing, my wife had a sweet potato
Got to say I would give up veggies over meat, but they are nice together.

Our family has always been "big" on veggies which can be the highlight of the meal if done right....but seeing we do eat a lot of game, it would have been very wasteful to not use such a delicious source of protein.

Presently my wife and I eat meals composed 80% of veggies and the remainder of meat, fish or seafood.

Sounds as though you do appreciate tasty food.

Wouldn't want to become a vegan because to me, it would be boring.....the same w/ being a teetotaler. Variety is the "spice of life"......and this holds true not only w/ food and drink......Fred

Wouldn't want to become a vegan because to me, it would be boring.....

I use to think that way also......And maybe 30 or 40 years ago it was boring......
But!, Today things have changed..........

A friend of mine is Vegan.....and I'm always interested in what he makes to eat.......Extremely tasty.........

It's a big world out there......if it tastes good ....eat it..... :grin:

For a vegan to have a well rounded diet not lacking in protein and other good things that the human body requires, does entail the study of different foods and their benefits. It's possible to eat a lot and yet be deficient in the essentials req'd by the human body....and this applies to not only vegans....but also to those who over indulge w/ meats.

Judging from human dentures, we're omnivorous animals and extremes in diets aren't a natural way to "feed" the human body.

Referring to my previous post of the vegan designer I hired.....the vegan diet does inflict flatulence on those who limit themselves to veggies and other "gas" producing vegetarian foods and because of this, I have to ask the question....do vegans only marry or only live w/ other vegans? One other question...do they buy a lot of the odor disguising sprays?

Seeing my only encounter {that I was aware of} w/ a vegan was for a short period of time, I might have some biased opinions....Fred

the vegan diet does inflict flatulence
Not true on it's own...
Flatulence is determined by an individuals intestinal micro biome, and overall health.

If you switch from being an exclusive meat eater to a vegan overnight.....yes! you are going to experience some noticeable changes...
Do vegans only marry vegans?

Not that I've noticed...
Veganism is a dietary choice, not a religion... :haha:

I don't think your statements are valid and the reason vegans might only marry vegans isn't because of religion....it's because of mutual flatulence toleration.

Mind you, people can eat what they choose, but a well rounded diet including meat is better for one's health and doesn't need a lot research to find various veggies that supply all the requirements for a healthy body.

"Vegans in the camp"....don't think many vegans hunt game animals, but they might hunt mushrooms , etc....Fred

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back