• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Using TOTW Mink Oil?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't have any benches here unless I drag a folding table out, and my apartment isn't much bigger then a trailer.
I use TOW Mink oil but....

I prefer pre-cutting a d pre-lubing but found any patches not shot that day get hard after a couple weeks, had some that got left on the bottom of my tin and after a couple months seemed like the were Waxed not lubed and near rock hard.

Got hold of some Bear Oil; GREAT STUFF (pure), slicker the Track's mink mix, but then I thought (yes, it hurt); Thin down that Mink Oil mixture....with Bear Oil!
Now I have Mink Oil slick as pure Bear Oil. They dry out and slide right down.
I have been down now for a couple months due to an injury and now cancer surgery (darn stitches itch!!), just checked and the patches I didn't shoot are still soft and slick.

Like others have said here: I pre-lube 30 or 40 and stack them in a small tin. I just lube one side, give s rub between my fingers and place face down, proceed to next.
When I use them I peel one out placing it face down (main lubed side) on the barrel, the top has enough lube from those placed on top.

However I also carry strips and a small (maybe 1"x1") old fashion jar filled with my Mink Moose Cream, just for when I....uh....well, just because I can!

Don't have any benches here unless I drag a folding table out, and my apartment isn't much bigger then a trailer.
I use TOW Mink oil but....

I prefer pre-cutting a d pre-lubing but found any patches not shot that day get hard after a couple weeks, had some that got left on the bottom of my tin and after a couple months seemed like the were Waxed not lubed and near rock hard.

Got hold of some Bear Oil; GREAT STUFF (pure), slicker the Track's mink mix, but then I thought (yes, it hurt); Thin down that Mink Oil mixture....with Bear Oil!
Now I have Mink Oil slick as pure Bear Oil. They dry out and slide right down.
I have been down now for a couple months due to an injury and now cancer surgery (darn stitches itch!!), just checked and the patches I didn't shoot are still soft and slick.

Like others have said here: I pre-lube 30 or 40 and stack them in a small tin. I just lube one side, give s rub between my fingers and place face down, proceed to next.
When I use them I peel one out placing it face down (main lubed side) on the barrel, the top has enough lube from those placed on top.

However I also carry strips and a small (maybe 1"x1") old fashion jar filled with my Mink Moose Cream, just for when I....uh....well, just because I can!
Prayers sent. Hang in there

Back