• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Uberti Army Model '61 Navy

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mtmanjim said:
She's definitely sweet. Looks a whole lot better in person though. Fit finish and function is excellent. Nice crisp trigger pull. I'm really surprised at how smooth the bore and chambers are. Chamber mouths mike at .370-.371 so I'm assuming I'm good to go w/ a .375 ball. Will check chamber mouth/forcing cone alignment with the bore scope. The camera is a snug fit in the bore so it should work perfect for that.

My Uberti & Pietta .36's all work great with .375" balls cast from a Lee Mold. 17 gr. 3F should give you optimum accuracy. Some shooters obsess over obtaining just the right felt to make their overpowder wads with, but I simply seated ballover powder as a kid. I've used felt wads since then, but prefer paper wads. For .44 I use a 1/2 square of 2 ply TP, and for .36, cut a square into quarters. Smear a tiny amount around the middle of the TP square, then fold in all 4 corners into the middle. When you roll it up it forms a teardrop. The pointed end goes into the cylinder first, then seat with the ram. Seat the ball next & you're ready to cap & shoot. Too much ball lube in the paper will squeeze out into the powder & give you ignition problems, while too little will result in shreddy confetti.

Consider, too, complete disassembly and removal of all lube on all internal parts. DO lube the cylinder pin, though. What you want is dry part-against-part friction. It will smooth wear points so that the action will be noticeably smoother when lubed for the next trip to the range.

Thanks for the vid. I really enjoyed it.

Thank you as well AzBPburner for some very useful information.
I'm still slammed with work guys, tis that time of year for me in my line of work, so I haven't gotten to the range with 'er yet. Hopefully someday! Is all I can add at this point in time.

Latest posts

Back