• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

So what's next for the collection?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
If you haven't already figured it I love percussion revolvers. My collection is starting to get pretty rounded out I've got a Uberti 1860 Army, 1861 Navy, 3rd model Dragoon and an 1858 NMA. I've now got 3 Pietta's a "Navy" brass frame in .44 a Sheriff's model with a round 61' style barrel in .36 also in brass and now a steel framed 1851 Navy. I forgot to mention I found a Uberti 1862 Police and hopefully the "Possibles Shop" will get that sent out soon.

These are some of the gus I've been considering I'm curious as to your thoughts:

1851 "Captain Schaeffer" .36 4" UI

1858 REMINGTON STAINLESS STEEL SHERIFF .44 5 1/2" UI

1862 NYM POLICE .36 5 1/2"

Uberti 1858 Remington New Model Navy Black Powder Revolver 36 Cal

Of course all of these things are sold out and will be for some time. I read this morning that Italy is on full lock down until April so it will be late summer before we see more product coming from them. I'm really digging that "Captain Schaeffer" to be honest but I can't quite make up my mind.

Hi Texas Andy,

Your absolutely right that BP revolvers, and for that matter even single shot pistols, are just about all sold out. Checking Cabelas.com. muzzle-loaders.com, etc. shows very few BP revolvers available for sale. Although, Dixie Gun Works still has a fairly good inventory of BP revolvers and single shots for sale on their website. Just like my earlier post from last week, the same goes for powder and caps being hard to find. This stupid virus and the political environment in the U.S. these days has caused both metallic, percussion and flint shooters to be gobbled up by a lot of scared people. Hmm....I wonder what availability is like for bows, crossbows and sling shots these days? 🙄

Hi Texas Andy,

Your absolutely right that BP revolvers, and for that matter even single shot pistols, are just about all sold out. Checking Cabelas.com. muzzle-loaders.com, etc. shows very few BP revolvers available for sale. Although, Dixie Gun Works still has a fairly good inventory of BP revolvers and single shots for sale on their website. Just like my earlier post from last week, the same goes for powder and caps being hard to find. This stupid virus and the political environment in the U.S. these days has caused both metallic, percussion and flint shooters to be gobbled up by a lot of scared people. Hmm....I wonder what availability is like for bows, crossbows and sling shots these days? 🙄
Yes, it has been a combination of factors that has created the perfect storm which impacted the firearms market. I speculate though that there will be lots of used guns for sale in 18-24 months when many of these new buyers realize that they are not "gun people".

If you haven't already figured it I love percussion revolvers. My collection is starting to get pretty rounded out I've got a Uberti 1860 Army, 1861 Navy, 3rd model Dragoon and an 1858 NMA. I've now got 3 Pietta's a "Navy" brass frame in .44 a Sheriff's model with a round 61' style barrel in .36 also in brass and now a steel framed 1851 Navy. I forgot to mention I found a Uberti 1862 Police and hopefully the "Possibles Shop" will get that sent out soon.

These are some of the gus I've been considering I'm curious as to your thoughts:

1851 "Captain Schaeffer" .36 4" UI

1858 REMINGTON STAINLESS STEEL SHERIFF .44 5 1/2" UI

1862 NYM POLICE .36 5 1/2"

Uberti 1858 Remington New Model Navy Black Powder Revolver 36 Cal

Of course all of these things are sold out and will be for some time. I read this morning that Italy is on full lock down until April so it will be late summer before we see more product coming from them. I'm really digging that "Captain Schaeffer" to be honest but I can't quite make up my mind.
I am wanting to get a couple more myself, but figure it will be well into 2022 before anything is available in quantity.
Don’t think I would want to take a chance on any of the first few months’ production when they get started up again either. Between training new-hires, the need for re-familiarization with equipment and detailed inspection and hand fitting, and loss of who-knows-how-many of their experienced old-hands, through death and retirement, quality is bound to suffer.
So we’re probably looking at sometime in 2023 for quality guns to be available again.
Good, used, steel framed Uberti and Pietta Army and Navy Models may bring $500 and up by this fall.
Too bad, because I’ve been wanting a Uberti Pocket Model Police with 4” barrel for a while

I am wanting to get a couple more myself, but figure it will be well into 2022 before anything is available in quantity.
Don’t think I would want to take a chance on any of the first few months’ production when they get started up again either. Between training new-hires, the need for re-familiarization with equipment and detailed inspection and hand fitting, and loss of who-knows-how-many of their experienced old-hands, through death and retirement, quality is bound to suffer.
So we’re probably looking at sometime in 2023 for quality guns to be available again.
Good, used, steel framed Uberti and Pietta Army and Navy Models may bring $500 and up by this fall.
Too bad, because I’ve been wanting a Uberti Pocket Model Police with 4” barrel for a while
Would a 6 1/2" version do on that Pocket Police? I ask because The Possibles Shop has them in stock.

Back