• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Uberti 61 Navy

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mec

45 Cal.
Reaction score
It shoots perfectly well with .375 balls even though the fit is marginal. I had 380s today and they are a better fit even though Warren Ozark does not keep them exactly the same size.

61navy25.jpg

The charge was a 22 grain spout full of pyrodex p - a load that averages out at about 1040 fps. My first target contained about 30 rounds and wasn't as good as this one. I had neglected to clear the chambers of lubricant before shooting and got some lag fires. The pictured target is my last six rounds and is produced by a combination of very deliberate shooting and luck.

No malfunctions or cap frag problems. All I've done with it is widen the rear sight notch for visibility, replace a hand assembly because the spring broke after just a little shooting, and smooth things up a little. Also had to stake in the loading lever catch and the frame/barrel locator pins as they had a tendency to fall out. Actually most of its smoothness of action comes from shooting rather than my minor polish. It now shoots right along with my Uberti 1860 Army

I'm always puzzled how accurate our grand-grand pa's front-stuffers are. This is a gooood looking toy, I like this Ubertis (they don't have a novel written on the sides of the barrel!).

But, I have to admit it, you are an outstanding shooter. I couldn't do this even if you carry me to 2 feet in front of the target.

Great photos always. Are you a professional photographer?

Some things I shoot fairly well and others- like the .45 auto, I can't hit anything with. But, the percussion revolvers have a balance to them that almost acts like trainging wheels. Hard to miss if the trigger is fairly light and the sight notches have been opened enough for good visibility. I still start out shooting with kind of low expectations and get surprised at how easy they are to shoot. This is all to the good because great grandpa probably didn't have the bucks to do any sort of practicing. Jack Hays told his guys to hold their fire until they could touch the comanche cavalrymen with the result that some of them are supposed to have ridden off smoldering if not actually on fire.

I notice the picture has gone red X Probably my free host earning his money. I'm not a professional photographer but also don't have amateur status either having been paid for some of them.

I am not surprized by your good shooting or the ability of the pistol. I have a plains pistol .50 that will shoot as well at that range and that would be grandpa's pa as far as age goes.

We shoot the new pistols and rifles so fast we always do worse than when we shoot our own precious loads.

That is a good looking pistol I am holding out for one with the full frame. "New Army" I think it is called. Haven't found one around here though.

Back