• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Uberti 1851

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ballshooter

45 Cal.
Reaction score
I have reached 1200 rounds in my Uberti 1851 .36 Navy without a single miss fire. I am impressed to say the least. It has become my main back up sidearm for hunting. It doubles as a small game taking machine as well as a self defense woods gun. I am very accurate with it and very comfortable to leave the modern firearms at home. I see why old Wild Bill loved this firearm! I straightened the trigger quite a bit just felt right to me from my days of IPSC shooting.

Attachments

• 20231005_151751.jpg
    20231005_151751.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 7
I love everything about this post. Your surroundings are stunningly beautiful. I love your 1851 Uberti. I too want to straighten my trigger. It does not feel right to me. And finally, homemade caps are something I am making as well but just starting to use.

I love everything about this post. Your surroundings are stunningly beautiful. I love your 1851 Uberti. I too want to straighten my trigger. It does not feel right to me. And finally, homemade caps are something I am making as well but just starting to use.
"And finally, homemade caps are something I am making as well but just starting to use."

This would be an interesting thread from folks that do just this "homemade caps, what materials found successful, etc.".

Buck

"And finally, homemade caps are something I am making as well but just starting to use."

This would be an interesting thread from folks that do just this "homemade caps, what materials found successful, etc.".

Buck
There is already a few threads on homemade caps. Good thing to know with supplies low and very expensive to purchase when you do find them.

I have reached 1200 rounds in my Uberti 1851 .36 Navy without a single miss fire. I am impressed to say the least. It has become my main back up sidearm for hunting. It doubles as a small game taking machine as well as a self defense woods gun. I am very accurate with it and very comfortable to leave the modern firearms at home. I see why old Wild Bill loved this firearm! I straightened the trigger quite a bit just felt right to me from my days of IPSC shooting.
Have you made any other mods to the gun ?

That's alot of shooting. Must be a quality pistol. Any wear or parts needing replaced? What powder charge did you settle on?
No wear on parts and nothing replaced yet. I do have a wire trigger spring waiting. Powder charges I settled on for the Eras Gone colt conical is a 10mm case filled to the top with 3F with a .380 round 22 grains of 3F

Back