• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Uberti 1851 Navy

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I received a new Uberti 1851 Navy (London) today. I'm familiar with the 1860 Army and the Walker but what is the recommended ball size and load for the Navy?

I also use a .380 diameter ball in the Uberti 1851 and I can get away with a .375 diameter in a Pietta.

how does it shoot? My pietta is a very accurate lil pistol but its a pietta so I understand if that would knock it out of the field. It gives a thin ring with .375 and 15 gr. Target below was only second time out (2 bulls, 2 pairs touching and a flyer at 25 yd). Gonna try some conicals it came with soon.

Attachments

• TimePhoto_20230604_180741.jpg
    TimePhoto_20230604_180741.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
I cut a fine line of lead when I load .375 balls in my Colt 2nd Series (Uberti parts) and I put those in front of 15 grains of 3F Goex and a .36 lubed wad. More powder is just wasted. More lube is simply messier.

how does it shoot? My pietta is a very accurate lil pistol but its a pietta so I understand if that would knock it out of the field. It gives a thin ring with .375 and 15 gr. Target below was only second time out (2 bulls, 2 pairs touching and a flyer at 25 yd). Gonna try some conicals it came with soon.
Nice shooting - some people are good shots with a handgun and some are not even with years of practice ;)
In my Pietta's and Uberti's a .380 ball shaves a nice ring of lead off that I feel more secure about its fit.

I've used both .375 and .380 in my Ubertis', usually with comparable results. Uberti chamber mouths run about .372 while Pietta are about .367.

25yds! That’s some dam good shooting. Like really good. I shoot left, been reading/utube how to fix. All say its the grip not the gun. Going to range tomorrow hopefully to fix. Been putting left index finger pressure on front of trigger guard to keep pistol from kicking left. Seems to help. Will know more tomorrow.

Latest posts

Back