• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Two TC Senecas on Gunbroker

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Damn… I guess the gold plating fell off and they forgot to adjust the price. There are 2-3 on there well under $600. .45 cal. But at a $1600 discount I’ll buy my own second barrel.

Last .45 Seneca went for an astounding $750. I started it at what I thought was a reasonable $399.00. This was 2 years ago. I regret letting it go but another life dictate thing. I do not know where we are going but even eating seems like it may be a luxury soon.

Damn I’m glad my Muzzleloading addiction peeked 40 years ago. I have two Senecas 36 and 45 and two Cherokee 32 and two 45 barrels.

I got my Cherokee for a hundred and my Seneca for about three hundred a decade later.
When the price goes into the thousands, I consider that the price is more than I paid for most of the cars I've owned over the course of my life. This sort of puts things in perspective for me.

Yeah - and I can remember paying $0.17/gal for gasoline...... :doh:

Welcome to the new reality.......... :cool:

Prices are just what you are willing to pay. I sold my youngest boy's Cherokee to a friend for his daughter, She shot it one year and then moved out west to live with her mother. When I wanted one for my grandson he would not sell it back since it was her rifle and he hoped she would move back some time. I had to pay $400 for one with a bad barrel, $125 for a liner, so I have 525 dollars in a rifle to replace one I sold for $200 years ago.

I have a Cherokee in .32 and a Seneca in .36. Both are very nice squirrel guns.They take very little powder and generate almost no recoil. Today I have half-hearted plans to take the Seneca out into the snow to see how well it performs with a plastic sabot containing a 71 grain .314 diameter bullet.
Oh please don't do that. too many off us many have heart problems. 🤪

Wow. I bought my .45 Seneca in 1972 while I was in college. I think I paid less than $300 and bought a second .36 barrel later of of eBay for around $50. I great little rifle and I feel lucky. Bill

Have you ever seen a flintlock Seneca? This was converted by Jack Roddy for a friend of his back in the 70's .45 at around 5 1/2lbs.
Seneca.jpg

Offs!

Someone's asking price is meaningless.

I doubt you'll see one bid on those rifles.

Who would pay custom rifle prices for playskool Wannabe rifles.

The guy is just trolling for dummies.

And, if he can find one, more power to him.

I agree one can ask whatever they want for a gun but getting someone to bite is something else. But while his prices are way out of line these are nice examples of the Custom shops work which was the reason behind the post.

Back