• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Two TC Senecas on Gunbroker

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bassdog1

32 Seneca Guy
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Thought I would post this so folks can at least look at these guns. Two TC Seneca two barrel sets 32/45 and 36/45 from Fox Ridge Custom Shop. Seller is the original owner and he also has some barrels listed. Prices are high but they are really good examples of these guns if you just want look..

Were the Seneca’s just that rare of a TC model? I have rarely ran across them in any condition online but I’m more curious if they were a limited series that was just not very popular when they were produced or what is their history?

Not really rare except in the 32 Caliber. The ones produced by the Fox Ridge Custom Shop rarely come up for sale. They were produced for several years along with Cherokee and both were discontinued. The Cherokee is rarest in 36 Caliber. Both were produced in 32, 36 and 45 Caliber. There is a story that a fire destroyed all of the tooling used to produced them and although that is true the fire occurred after TC had stopped production of both models eliminating the chance that they would be reintroduced. Many believe that the Seneca was the prettiest gun that TC ever brought to market. I bought my 32 Seneca a few years ago and paid a premium price for it however mine is a standard production Gun and does not have the fancier wood and has standard bluing. It is my favorite gun to shoot.

Wow, talk about nose bleed prices! My wallet shrunk from just looking at them, gives me a lot more respect for the ones I own.

I've been watching T/C gun prices and some have been selling for amazingly high prices, especially the less common model.

Yes the prices are getting higher by the year on some of the TC Guns. I have a near mint 32 Cherokee that I have been thinking about selling with an unfired barrel but would have to have a pretty fair amount for it if I did. Nice barrels are bringing as much as complete guns did a few years ago and the locks bring a premium too. The ones on Gunbroker are nice but would have to be bought by a serious collector.

I have a Cherokee in .32 and a Seneca in .36. Both are very nice squirrel guns.They take very little powder and generate almost no recoil. Today I have half-hearted plans to take the Seneca out into the snow to see how well it performs with a plastic sabot containing a 71 grain .314 diameter bullet.

Ya, Gunjoker has some high prices for their gun's from what I have seen. I have looked at real review's on Gunjoker and Gun's America and the bad outweighed the good. From my own research of vendor's on Gun's America in particular, there are some shady crook's on there that will steal your money and you get no gun. If you do see a nice gun on either site proceed with caution and do a web search of the vendors, I had one crook on Guns America that tried to scam me.

I try and buy from folks on here most of the time but I like to look and see what is out there.. Dale let me know how that works out I have never shot a sabot out of any of mine but I would imagine if I could find a sabot for a 32 cal that 1 in 30 twist would shoot pretty good. The 36 is 1 in 48 so will be interesting to see how it shoots.

Ya, Gunjoker has some high prices for their gun's from what I have seen. I have looked at real review's on Gunjoker and Gun's America and the bad outweighed the good. From my own research of vendor's on Gun's America in particular, there are some shady crook's on there that will steal your money and you get no gun. If you do see a nice gun on either site proceed with caution and do a web search of the vendors, I had one crook on Guns America that tried to scam me.
Welll.... you can sure get took, but if the seller has 10,000 sales and only a couple of bad reviews, you are usually pretty safe. When I was selling, I tended to put lots of pictures out there and never overstated the condition.

Were the Seneca’s just that rare of a TC model? I have rarely ran across them in any condition online but I’m more curious if they were a limited series that was just not very popular when they were produced or what is their history?

The down-sized (compared to the Hawken line) T/C Cherokee/Patriot/Seneca series were all made in a separate T/C facility - which burnt to the ground, destroying all the specially-sized parts (locks, stocks, & barrels), the machines that produced them - including all the technical/engineering paperwork.

A lot of Seneca/Cherokee rifles were made (but not as many as their Hawken) - but the T/C Custom Shop (Fox Ridge Outfitters) guns were done separately from the regular production guns, all having a special high-polish bluing and upgraded (from standard stock) highly-figured wood.

Since the Custom Shop guns were made-to-order, the only ones available today are those specially ordered from Fox Ridge.

Thought I would post this so folks can at least look at these guns. Two TC Seneca two barrel sets 32/45 and 36/45 from Fox Ridge Custom Shop. Seller is the original owner and he also has some barrels listed. Prices are high but they are really good examples of these guns if you just want look..
Where are the pics and prices?

Welll.... you can sure get took, but if the seller has 10,000 sales and only a couple of bad reviews, you are usually pretty safe. When I was selling, I tended to put lots of pictures out there and never overstated the condition.
Ya, There are still some honest vendor's out there just have to take the good with the bad I guess. The vendor I saw on there that I was dealing with had a 97% rating with many sale's. The negative review's I read on this vendor were thing's like claiming that he did not receive the payment for the gun when the purchaser sent it, sending a damaged gun and refusing a refund and ignoring email's if a customer had an issue with the gun they purchased. But like they say ''There are two sides to every story'' so who do you decide to believe ? I looked up this vendor's store on a site for bad business practices and he had quite a few negative review's so I turned down the sale and went with my gut feeling and I am usually right when it say's no.

Even if the guy was selling them for a reasonable price Gunbrokers fees and taxes are a never again for me. Ive done about 100 transactions in past years from them and they wont separate taxes and fees so you can see what there charging. Im done there. Those guns are nice but to high for me.
Yup, I gave GB the axe awhile back. Fed up with their policies.

Buying Gunbroker is what I'd imagine playing poker would be. When you first play chances are you might loose a few hands. With experience the number of pots you win improves but there's always some joker who's got a way to burn you.

Since GB's fees have changed and they been collecting sales tax the "House" is willing to take you too.

Yup, buying at Gunbroker is gambling.

I try and buy from folks on here most of the time but I like to look and see what is out there.. Dale let me know how that works out I have never shot a sabot out of any of mine but I would imagine if I could find a sabot for a 32 cal that 1 in 30 twist would shoot pretty good. The 36 is 1 in 48 so will be interesting to see how it shoots.
Well.... first the disclaimer: I used to shoot expert with my M16A1.... but that was twenty five years ago. Today I muddle through with reading glasses and am a 66-year-old cancer patient.

The sabot I used is MMP's .36 caliber grey sabot for bullets from .311 - .314. I used Laser Cast's 78 grain .313 bullet for a projectile. Temperature was just below freezing with dead calm wind conditions. I loaded 20 grains of Old Eynsford 3f. My target was a gourd shaped like a miniature pumpkin about five inches in diameter. Range was a paced off 30 yards.

First shot was loaded into a bore previously coated with T/C Bore Butter. I got no idea where the round went. There didn't even seem to be a mark in the snow anywhere. Second shot impacted the target dead center and splattered gourd guts all over the snow. MMP recommends heavier charges than I used.

I will perhaps order a couple of bags of these sabots and do a more systematic test when warm weather returns to Wisconsin as this test was somewhat promising.

Sabots are somewhat sacrilegious here and there are a few idiosyncrasies to deal with, but they work well enough unless you try to use them in a slow-twist barrel.

Buying Gunbroker is what I'd imagine playing poker would be. When you first play chances are you might loose a few hands. With experience the number of pots you win improves but there's always some joker who's got a way to burn you.

Since GB's fees have changed and they been collecting sales tax the "House" is willing to take you too.

Yup, buying at Gunbroker is gambling.
Might add If they and everyone else goes 1099 happy there may not be GB soon.

It's a beautiful gun, but honestly, you can get a custom gun for that kind of money. I got my Cherokee for a hundred and my Seneca for about three hundred a decade later. When the price goes into the thousands, I consider that the price is more than I paid for most of the cars I've owned over the course of my life. This sort of puts things in perspective for me.

Back