• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

TVM Tulle

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wayne terry

40 Cal.
Reaction score
The Queen said yes cause it was my retirement present and I deserved it so ordered a Tulle from TVM, paid in full to, now the waiting begins.

Yep, toughest part, alright. But! You will truly enjoy it when it gets shipped. Mine is the EA smoothbore and it is...well, just sooo good! You getting the .62?

Yes it should look just like the pic on their web site, steel hardware, 42 in bbl. 62 cal.

I've had very good dealings with TVM. I have a Late Lancaster, exactly as I asked for.
I spoke with Matt and Melanie, both very nice and accommodating. If you're dealing with them are half as good as mine were, you will be happy.

Chris

Good for you,I have 2 TVM rifles and I'm very happy with both of them.The waiting will "wear you out" but is worth it.Speaking of waiting I have a 16Ga smoothie being made and the wait is just about over it is getting jug choked this week :grin:

Four of my eight flintlocks are from TVM and I'm happy with all four of them. TVM crew was helpful, polite, and a pleasure to do business with.

I'm sure you'll like your Tulle when you get it. :thumbsup:

When should it be finished? I get down that way at times and might get to see it at the shop.

CS

I have an English fowler being finished that I caught the timing on just right. It has about four weeks left in the build process and then she will be mine. That four weeks is killing me, especially with the weather finally remembering it's fall. I want to get it in the woods! I don't think I could stand 7 months!

I just ordered my Tulle this week From TVM I also got the one like on their web site 62cal 42"barrel
except I got the Rice barrel. And now the wait begins.

If I can jump in with a question but first I'm not asking for any bad comments in fact I really just want to hear the positive ones about the stock TVM 42" SB barrels. accuracy @ 50yds decent? and are you guys all over the place with powder loads or is there a special load that seems to hit the sweet spot with the TVM's from barrel to Barrel?

The standard TVM barrel will be a Longhammock barrel. These are usually a straight barrel which means that the finished gun will be heavier than one with a tapered barrel. Many folks have good results with the straight barrel and find the extra weight better for shooting ball. Personally, I prefer the tapered barrel.

Every barrel seems to have a personality of its own as far as optimal powder charges go. So much depends on the finished diameter of the bore, the powder charge and the diameter of the projectile and whether your are shooting shot or ball. You will have to find the best performing load as you get familiar with your own smoothbore.

My smoothbore is the early American smoothie. The barrel is straight and 38" X .62. It shoots great with ball (90% of my shooting) and does a fine job with the right shot load. I didn't need a tapered barrel and the gun still isn't heavy. A friend owns one with a 42" barrel and he swears by it.

Your Tulle will be a joy to shoot and hunt with.

I had a TVM fowler. I found that with lower owder charges it shot different with a clean bore than a dirty bore.

Clean bore would shoot consistently 5" low and three inches right of where it shot dirty.

When I loaded with 110 grains of 2Fg it shot to the same point whether it was clean or fouled.

Latest posts

Back