• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Tungsten matrix?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well gents it's not looking good!
A; I've not even had chance to get a the TM yet!
B; the harvest has started all around me and like normal the flight of geese I did have has stopped and their movements have gone completely random again🤦‍♂️.

I will have to be more patient I guess for a while longer.....

OK, so I got some TM cartridges to cut up. Seems so wrong!!
Just got to watch the geese movements now.
16304216065808762640215335645105.jpg

Yes, and you were able to procure #3 shot. Depending on goose size you should have no problem out to 45 yards. On American Snow Geese it works out to 50 depending on wind conditions. Great going Britsmoothy! Keep us posted please sir. Our waterfowling season does not begin until the day after our American Thanksgiving Holiday. At least here in North AL. We are just a week away from Dove Season though and I planning on going and using my Personal Flintlock SXS 20 ga. Can't wait . Good Luck Brit!

Thank you all and yes, I could not believe my fortune when I went poking around in the shops back storeroom and saw the #3 TM shells( I am granted a lot of freedom in this store)!
There is so much stubble about now and the pool they roost on is not as attractive as yesteryear. It is very overgrown and losing water so where upon it was a pretty sure flightline it is now very irregular.

Some early mornings they favour a barley stubble field I have access to so I will be watching that too.

I'll be listening out for your shots Historian, if I can find my ear trumpet! 😁👍

Thanks Britsmoothy, I hope you are having better luck than I have this week. My poor 81 year old daddy came down with Covid 19 this past Tuesday and my 76 year old mother came down with it on Friday so no dove hunting for me this weekend.🤬 The Lord has blessed me with good health and I have tested negative so far! Both parents are recovering slowly but again we have been blessed! There is another hunt coming up in 2 weeks in another field that the farmer has not cut yet so we will see. Hope you have some good shooting my friend.

Thanks Britsmoothy, I hope you are having better luck than I have this week. My poor 81 year old daddy came down with Covid 19 this past Tuesday and my 76 year old mother came down with it on Friday so no dove hunting for me this weekend.🤬 The Lord has blessed me with good health and I have tested negative so far! Both parents are recovering slowly but again we have been blessed! There is another hunt coming up in 2 weeks in another field that the farmer has not cut yet so we will see. Hope you have some good shooting my friend.
Shucks, that must of worried you all sick!
I'm glad they are recovering.
Covid is a pain in zee butt.

I'm convinced we all had way back in the beginning, before we alll knew about it. A friends brother deals with paint and guess which city in China he had just returned from just at the start of it all?
Take care friend. The pigeons and doves will be there another time.
Just don't get messing with bats though!

Latest posts

Back