• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

The experiment.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Meatloaf went in the oven last night.
View attachment 179216
Goose, bread, black pepper, salt, onion and a drop of olive oil. Simples.
Interesting, I never would have thought to do meatloaf in a crock like that.
Does it slide out as one loaf when done?
You've mentioned using the game you shoot in meatloaf before, always interested on more details on the process,,,, and pics. Pics of the process and finished product that is.

Thanks for sharing with us.

View attachment 179216
And, how does it taste? Inquiring minds are wont to know, especially since duck and goose have not been a staple of my culinary pleasures. Only had Greater Canada goose once, very dark, much like venison. Possibly duck once when a young lad. Not a pursuit I've been exposed to though friends who go love the activity considerably.

Interesting, I never would have thought to do meatloaf in a crock like that.
Does it slide out as one loaf when done?
You've mentioned using the game you shoot in meatloaf before, always interested on more details on the process,,,, and pics. Pics of the process and finished product that is.

Thanks for sharing with us.
Friend. It's so easy a blind man could do it.
You just need one of those modern electric devices they call a food processor.
Put the blade tooling in and add whatever ingredients you desire and whizz up until it is all a paste.
I used the goose. One breast. Half a small onion.
Black pepper.
Herb salt.
Olive oil and a slice of bread.
Oh I threw some chea seeds in too.

In a hot oven for 45 mins, check cooked through.
Let it cool some and shrink. Lift out and give the dog the remaining broth.
Simples and no house bricks!

Friend. It's so easy a blind man could do it.
You just need one of those modern electric devices they call a food processor.
Put the blade tooling in and add whatever ingredients you desire and whizz up until it is all a paste.
I used the goose. One breast. Half a small onion.
Black pepper.
Herb salt.
Olive oil and a slice of bread.
Oh I threw some chea seeds in too.

In a hot oven for 45 mins, check cooked through.
Let it cool some and shrink. Lift out and give the dog the remaining broth.
Simples and no house bricks!

That's almost how my wife makes pate' but from chicken livers.

View attachment 179216
Lovely. We've been living off of pulled kangaroo leg from a cull permit hunt for the last 2 days,with plenty for another 2 to 3 days. We're starting to hop around and scratch ourselves....😅

Do you leave any kind of lubricant on or in your clean gun? Do you store it muzzle up or down? Any pre-use preparation just prior to taking to the field?
Yes sir. My home made lube. Applied while still warm from the boiled water.
Usually I'm safe to store muzzle up once the gun is cool.
No I don't do any prep pre hunt. Just load and shoot.

Great hunt and good looking food. I'll have to give the recipe a try. I just picked up 70+ lbs of goose snack sticks from our local processor, almost too good! We just drop off clean breast and he does the work. Our bag limit is 5 geese per day and we do our best to fill it. We eat a lot of goose and also pass it around to friends and neighbors.

Great hunt and good looking food. I'll have to give the recipe a try. I just picked up 70+ lbs of goose snack sticks from our local processor, almost too good! We just drop off clean breast and he does the work. Our bag limit is 5 geese per day and we do our best to fill it. We eat a lot of goose and also pass it around to friends and neighbors.
You don't have my address! 😁

Latest posts

Back