• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Tryon Punt Gun

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bioprof

62 Cal.
Reaction score
Found an interesting punt gun for sale today with a 1" bore. The end of the muzzle looks like a cannon. I hope Zonie doesn't mind me posting the link. I have no financial stake in this gun and is way beyond my means. Just thought it was neat.

punt gun

Those big bruisers always make me smile. There was a friend of a friend who had a double barrel punt gun he used on sitting ducks in Louisiana. Theis guy had one lashed to the front of his jon-boat with one percussion and one flint barrel on it. His trick was to pole through the cattails until the barrels pushed through and then yank the trigger cord. The percussion barrel went off into the middle of the swimming ducks while the flint side with it's huge lock did a typical 'clack-foosh-boom!'. By the time the flint side went off, the recoil had pushed the stern of the boat had been pushed back and down so the flint barrel was pointed up a bit to hit the ducks that had lifted off the water at the first shot. He did real well till the Louisiana game warden caught him at it! Dum-de-dum-dum!! :haha:

rich pierce said:
Looks overpriced to me.
I've been there many times, most everything is quite expensive, although I've managed to get a couple gems out of there!

scalper said:
...Mike..what 's the deal there?
they require c&r or FFL on even REPRODUCTIONS?
is Illinois that way???????

I will tell you!

I bought several guns from them, and had them shipped to FL. They will only ship to FFL on "any"
gun. A reproduction or antique, they will only ship to FFL.

Illinois has some of the toughest laws :shake:

Latest posts

Back