• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Traveling with pistol and powder

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One of his uncles grew out his beard and hair and wore a sheet around. All the old folks thought he was Jesus returned and would feed him and let him sleep in the best bed they had. He wandered around for 2 years doing this. He said the older people were very superstitious back in the 1970’s…

Hey everyone, im planning a trip from New England to Puerto Rico in august and looking for some feedback on traveling with a black powder pistol. I have a colt cap and ball pistol that I’m fond of and would like to take with me. I understand I can take the colt if I declare it and it’s in a locked case, but am having a hard time finding definitive answers on whether I can bring powder with me. They allow ammunition in a separate locked case, but can’t find anything on powder specifically.
Has anyone travelled with powder before?
And any ideas as to what primitive firearms laws are in Puerto Rico? I can’t find anything on line. Don’t want to get the the airport and have everything confiscated
Between the likely gun laws and the government corruption I would not go there myself or take any guns or ammo.
Although someone here claiming PR gun laws have been relaxed may be somewhat accurate, that does not mean the current government there is following the Supreme Court ruling.
Heck, there are jurisdictions here that routinely disregard SC rulings favoring gun owners.

How many days and nights are you willing to risk spending in an offshore jail cell over a gun?
DON’T DO IT !!!

and dont forget, it only takes one TSA guy to say this is not legal and take your stuff. He is the legal authority at that point, your pistol is now gone, you gonna spend thousands on a lawyer to maybe get it back. Maybe? if they can even find it, because your beautiful pistol (to you) is now down some federal rabbit hole in some evidence locker somewhere someplace that nobody can find. You really want to go there?
View attachment 225756
That is, of course, if it really makes it to the rabbit hole and not someone's personal collection. :rolleyes:

Back