• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Trail-cam pictures.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Took a walk to check some cams today... 20210705_001733.jpg20210705_001758.jpg
I will try to post the video that follows this later. Right up to the camera sniffing it....
20210705_001847.jpg
20210705_001940.jpg
Look what develops the next morning...
20210705_002004.jpg
20210705_002024.jpg
This last image is a screenshot from the video. My cameras are set up to take 3 still shots then 7 seconds of video.

High speed veal !!
There will be some serious debate in my head 2 months from now if these three come walking by once archery season is under way. As of Sept. 15th, are the little ones okay without mom? This choice usually presents itself once a year or so. I usually let mom walk if the little ones have any signs of still having spots. With the fawn mortality rate so high here I want then to have every chance they possibly can of making it to adulthood.

I checked my cameras again this past weekend. There do not seem to be ANY surviving fawns, and I blame the coyotes (mostly). I'm a buck hunter, so use does as live bait for the bucks.

There will be some serious debate in my head 2 months from now if these three come walking by once archery season is under way. As of Sept. 15th, are the little ones okay without mom? This choice usually presents itself once a year or so. I usually let mom walk if the little ones have any signs of still having spots. With the fawn mortality rate so high here I want then to have every chance they possibly can of making it to adulthood.

I do the same thing. In fact I hesitate when the fawns lose their spots and are bigger.

Took a walk to check some cams today... View attachment 83648View attachment 83649
I will try to post the video that follows this later. Right up to the camera sniffing it....
View attachment 83650
View attachment 83651
Look what develops the next morning...
View attachment 83652
View attachment 83653
This last image is a screenshot from the video. My cameras are set up to take 3 still shots then 7 seconds of video.
OH!! 2 LITTLE SKIPERS. soo cute with MOMMA taking them for a walk!

sorry, I am from NEW ENGLAND! 'Darl', sounds like what a little girl plays with? jmho. toot.

Now I'm a Georgia Cracker sooo...
"Daryl" (pronounced Darl) is a one syllable word in the south. While names such as "JIM" (pronounced Ji-yum) are two syllable names. See? :ghostly:

Now I'm a Georgia Cracker sooo...
"Daryl" (pronounced Darl) is a one syllable word in the south. While names such as "JIM" (pronounced Ji-yum) are two syllable names. See? :ghostly:
thank you for those words of wisdom.

Latest posts

Back