• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Traditions

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hell I might as well jump into the mud pit too. Congrats for finding a Traditions rifle and pistol your happy with. I'll double down on you cause I am a happy CVA owner. I know it's considered a pig. Bought and built when most people were just trying to get a cheap option for an extra week of deer season. Yes it is low cost and a lot of current examples were poorly put together by amateurs. But recent discussions revel that even quality kits can be so fubared to make them of questionable quality.

Hell I might as well jump into the mud pit too. Congrats for finding a Traditions rifle and pistol your happy with. I'll double down on you cause I am a happy CVA owner. I know it's considered a pig. Bought and built when most people were just trying to get a cheap option for an extra week of deer season. Yes it is low cost and a lot of current examples were poorly put together by amateurs. But recent discussions revel that even quality kits can be so fubared to make them of questionable quality.
I love CVA guns.

I have a Traditions Crockett that I am satisfied with. Shoots well but it's hard for me to load with my arthritic fingers.
Mushka, I had the same problem with my .32 Crockett Rifle. That dang small dia RB was difficult to hang on to. Perhaps some of that was due to colder weather when I first got it. But after a while I managed to get used to them. I have a bad case of numbness in my fingers due to major neck surgery, as well as just having a case of old man bumbling fingers.

Either way, I seemed to have gotten used to it, for now anyway. I seldom drop them any more, not even in the dark hardwoods while trying to do a quick reload while squirrel hunting. Things may change with colder weather.

Hopefully in time you will get better at handling those .32 caliber RB as well.

Good luck to you.

Mushka, I had the same problem with my .32 Crockett Rifle. That dang small dia RB was difficult to hang on to. Perhaps some of that was due to colder weather when I first got it. But after a while I managed to get used to them. I have a bad case of numbness in my fingers due to major neck surgery, as well as just having a case of old man bumbling fingers.

Either way, I seemed to have gotten used to it, for now anyway. I seldom drop them any more, not even in the dark hardwoods while trying to do a quick reload while squirrel hunting. Things may change with colder weather.

Hopefully in time you will get better at handling those .32 caliber RB as well.

Good luck to you.
I have trouble fumbling round ball too. In cold weather, it's embarrassing trying to find them in grass or snow - and I'm too cheap to write them off.
I've gone to loading blocks, when not on the range.

I don't have a problem (yet) handling the .32 balls, but I do trying to seat the ball perfectly on prelubed patch. I can have the patch centered on the muzzle and the ball centered over the bore, but I'll still get more patch on one side than the other when seating it with my short starter unless I'm anal about the whole thing.
That's why I want to try a loading block. Something in my head is telling me that a perfectly centered PRB influences accuracy. And I'd rather do that at my leisure into a loading block.

Yup, even so called good quality (that's expensive in other words) can be fubared right off the bat.

ETipp I have the same problem with numb and bumbling fingers and I think I'm going to go the Picanis route and try a ball board. The fingers fore and second are both too numb to safely handle and shoot my revolvers. Can't feel the trigger so I shoot them left handed where the problem isn't there. I shoot all long guns lefty and have done so for years because of a bad right eye.
Soldier on those with hand problems.

#1 its my rifle, #2 its a pia #3 wish i knew before i bought it so i would not have wasted my money. #4 Pedersoli Scouts suck ! So what is your complaint ? Maybe i should put a red dot on it as the issued sights are the pits!
Ok, apologies I guess for not being a Traditions fan. That said, I find it difficult to follow your logic when you talk about your ‘Pedersorry’.

#1 its my rifle. I understand that. I only made comments about Traditions guns I have owned or worked on, and I am not referring to the OP’s guns. Would it be acceptable if I made comments about a ‘Pedersorry’ as you refer to them instead of a Traditions? Would that get me in your club?

#2 its a pia. I don’t know what to say…. We are talking about muzzleloaders. They are what they are.

#3 wish i knew before i bought it so i would not have wasted my money. Appears you are wishing that someone would have posted about their bad experiences with a ‘Pedersorry’, though not sure how this can happen if in your world no negative comments or opinions about guns or products are allowed, even though your negative comments continue in your posts today about your ‘Pedersorry’.

#4 Pedersoli Scouts suck ! That is a helpful comment. I believe Pedersoli may be a forum sponsor, and many members her love their Pedersolis. I can not imagine the trauma and hurt feelings you are putting those sensitive members through with your harsh posts.

So what is your complaint ?
Don’t have any complaints, just opinions on guns I have owned. I will not partake in name calling or circular logic that says I’m the only one that can complain about a particular gun or product will complaining about other guns or products. Imagine if I took the post of yours I referenced and few others and replaced the words ‘Pedersorry’ and Pedersoli with the word Traditions? Would that then be acceptable to you?

Have a nice day.

Last edited:
Good golly. 5 pages of butt hurt old men. My nap was great by the way, got up and shot 50 rounds through three different guns. All of them are stunning because I own them. (There goes my ego again) ;)
Someone that knows what they like and want. Even if they are evil.

I'm figuring that will be the only thing that will fix my hurt feelings. Otherwise I might go jump of a cliff....if I had one handy. 😫
Hear they have some kind of hill or ramp at playgrounds. Place to start looking. Or maybe start with playing Kumbaya through your headphones, or earbuds if you have them. That should get you in the mood…..

Ok, apologies I guess for not being a Traditions fan. That said, I find it difficult to follow your logic when you talk about your ‘Pedersorry’.

#1 its my rifle. I understand that. I only made comments about Traditions guns I have owned or worked on, and I am not referring to the OP’s guns. Would it be acceptable if I made comments about a ‘Pedersorry’ as you refer to them instead of a Traditions? Would that get me in your club?

#2 its a pia. I don’t know what to say…. We are talking about muzzleloaders. They are what they are.

#3 wish i knew before i bought it so i would not have wasted my money. Appears you are wishing that someone would have posted about their bad experiences with a ‘Pedersorry’, though not sure how this can happen if in your world no negative comments or opinions about guns or products are allowed, even though your negative comments continue in your posts today about your ‘Pedersorry’.

#4 Pedersoli Scouts suck ! That is a helpful comment. I believe Pedersoli may be a forum sponsor, and many members her love their Pedersolis. I can not imagine the trauma and hurt feelings you are putting those sensitive members through with your harsh posts.

So what is your complaint ?
Don’t have any complaints, just opinions on guns I have owned. I will not partake in name calling or circular logic that says I’m the only one that can complain about a particular gun or product will complaining about other guns or products. Imagine if I took the post of yours I referenced and few others and replaced the words ‘Pedersorry’ and Pedersoli with the word Traditions? Would that then be acceptable to you?

Have a nice day.
I see we are get along just fine & i do hope you have a great day today n everyday.

Latest posts

Back