• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Traditions

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm fine. Sitting in my nice air-conditioned gun room thinking about a nap.
Things sure do go off the rails here fast! I attribute it to the age and natural crabbyness of the forum members. The sensitivity level is astounding here at times. Like dealing with teenage girls!.....Oh boy. Please let's not be offended by that. Just an illustration. Not a personal attack. Maybe it's time for me to take my nap now.
You know, when younger I feared becoming a crabby old bastard. Now that I'm there I kinda like it.

OMG wait till yer father gets home🙄

GOTTA give a break now and then. Mike thinks its a turd. Its a turd. I will take Mikes turds and safely house them for him. To be fair an opion was sought and rec'd. I dont recall anyone asking for a sugar coated opinion? I ONLY own turds (except my Kibler I am too scared to finish cuz its so nonturdish). I wasn't at all offended.

OK now some one beat me up. I feel left out? Only a single libtard has me on iggy (that I know of).
Everyone has the right to their own opinion and, no matter what it is, it is theirs to have. I respect that. I guess one man's turd is another man's rifle he could afford. Personally I like the cheap ones and the nice ones. As long as it shoots, and is accurate, looks good, and puts meat on the table, I love it.

I have some B sprouts in the fridge right now that will serve up nicely along the steak I'm going to have tonight.
Now if you had served them to me 50-some years ago... I still remember outlasting my parents with those foul cabbage smelling things on my plate as a kid, lol.

I have some B sprouts in the fridge right now that will serve up nicely along the steak I'm going to have tonight.
Now if you had served them to me 50-some years ago... I still remember outlasting my parents with those foul cabbage smelling things on my plate as a kid, lol.
My wife bakes them with some kind of white cheese melted on them. Along with cabbage steaks it is fine eating.

Everyone has the right to their own opinion and, no matter what it is, it is theirs to have. I respect that. I guess one man's turd is another man's rifle he could afford. Personally I like the cheap ones and the nice ones. As long as it shoots, and is accurate, looks good, and puts meat on the table, I love it.
That's how I feel myself. I own handmade customs that cost thousands. Pedersolis that were several hundred to a thousand plus. Lymans that were a few hundred dollars. T/C's that were a few hundred. Traditions that were a couple hundred or so. And CVA's that were FREE. All are welcome and enjoyed for what they are.

Really? The Pedersoli Dixie Cub and Pedersoli Scout (basically the same rifle) are extremely popular informal target rifles and they make fine hunting carbines. I watched you bash Pedersoli over your Scout for a while now. You either got a lemon or how should I put this politely........let's just say the rifle isn't for you.

I've got an older perc. Scout in .45 and a newer flint Scout in .32. Both are fine production rifles that give no issues. A lot of firearms have a patent, or some form of it, breech. Nothing wrong with them. They need cleaned, not ignored.
Sir i am proud for you that the Pedersoli's were good for you. A lemon certainly possible, & i am trying to make lemonaid with it. Bash/trash/hash it. That is the thing it is mine to whine about. My Traditions Woodsman Hawken is better than my Scout in the ways the Scout comes up short. My Traditions has a better lock/trigger / sights/stock. The Scouts barrel seems to be accurate. So i will hunt with it when weather cools off for Bushytails.

Sir i am proud for you that the Pedersoli's were good for you. A lemon certainly possible, & i am trying to make lemonaid with it. Bash/trash/hash it. That is the thing it is mine to whine about. My Traditions Woodsman Hawken is better than my Scout in the ways the Scout comes up short. My Traditions has a better lock/trigger / sights/stock. The Scouts barrel seems to be accurate. So i will hunt with it when weather cools off for Bushytails.
Without trying to find your original post detailing the problems with your Scout, would you provide a link to that post OR just simply detail the actual problems you are having. I honestly don't remember ALL of the problems you were having. Maybe we can help? Most problems with production gun can be easily overcome. As cheesy as this sounds I want to help.

For the money, I couldn't pass this one up.
View attachment 237287

And it seems to like PRB as much as conicals.
View attachment 237288

The carbine length will be handy.
I have the same rifle and shoots as good as yours that I bought about 13 years ago. I had a hard time finding one, so I emailed Tradition's direct and was told they were back ordered for a couple of weeks and the price was $519. I pointed out that their website showed a price of $369. I was told that was a mistake, but they would honor the price! Well, I couldn't pass that up!

I also have a Tennessee in percussion and a Tradition's Hawken in flint that's about 30 years old. I've put hundreds of rounds through them all with no problems other than operator error. Couldn't ask for a better bang for the buck!

Without trying to find your original post detailing the problems with your Scout, would you provide a link to that post OR just simply detail the actual problems you are having. I honestly don't remember ALL of the problems you were having. Maybe we can help? Most problems with production gun can be easily overcome. As cheesy as this sounds I want to help.
Several members told my to file the frizzen spring as they thought it was the main cause for breaking the flints every other shot. So i got a chance last month to try it out. It has a slight delay when the sparks hit the 4 F priming. I am thinking i need to pick the main charge prior to priming better. Delay is maybe 1/3-of second. Thank you for the help

Several members told my to file the frizzen spring as they thought it was the main cause for breaking the flints every other shot. So i got a chance last month to try it out. It has a slight delay when the sparks hit the 4 F priming. I am thinking i need to pick the main charge prior to priming better. Delay is maybe 1/3-of second. Thank you for the help
Drill your touch hole out to 1/16" of an inch. Pedersoli touch holes are rather small. It's easy to do. Should make a world of difference in ignition speed. A good quality bit is cheap at the local hardware store. Go slow.

Latest posts

Back