• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Traditions Springfield Hawken

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RhinoDave

40 Cal.
Reaction score
I picked this up last week at a garage sale for cheap and managed to get to the range yesterday for a little practice with it. Between the rain storms and shooting a little skeet with a friend I only managed to get 8 rounds through it but there's a picture of the last three at fifty yds. I think I'm going to keep this one for a while. It still needs a little lock and trigger work and I plan on doing some refitting and refinishing over the Winter.
2854265750104169197S600x600Q85.jpg

2516748830104169197S600x600Q85.jpg

2593444620104169197S600x600Q85.jpg

Good going Dave. As you know I bought one too, and it shoots just like yours. Very impressive for such a cheap gun.

It will be my deer gun from now on. It shoulders nice, and never gave me a misfire. What more can I ask from a gun?

Glad you got a good one too. :thumbsup:

Nice group, :thumbsup:
Yup, them slow twist Traditions barrels are shooters, the boy is holding his in the avatar.
Locks clean-up nice-n-smooth if ya break'm down and polish the bearing surfaces.
Neither Traditons nor CVA ever spent any time finishing the lock parts after "stamping" them out.
I've tried talking Dustin into swaping out the lock for one with a fly and adding a set trigger but he's happy with the adjustable tumbler, :idunno: ,I guess can't say much, he's out shot me a couple of times. :wink:

Latest posts

Back