• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Traditions Spiller & Burr 1862 Reb Revolver

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Looking outside the norm for my next revolver. Spotted this on Old South Firearms. Anyone has any experience with this repro?

Revolvers
FR18625spillerburr.jpg

Interestingly enough is that it is listed as N-SSA kosher.

SpillerAndBurr___Capture.PNG

Nice revolvers. A "true" .36 caliber sized pistol. Both Uberti and Pietta make their .36 caliber 1858 Remington style .36's on the bigger .44 frames, so they are big and heavy for a .36 and larger than they need to be.

The Spiller&Burr is built on a smaller frame, so it is just about the perfect size for a .36 revolver.

If you get one, expect it to shoot extraordinarily high! It should print nice tight groups, just not anywhere near where you were aiming!

Pietta has not made these in a while - I haven't seen them available new anywhere for a couple years. They seem to make only somewhat small production runs of them - they are not a regularly stocked item anymore, it appears. Hopefully they will do another run of them soon, so if you find one, grab it!

Had mine out just a few days ago.

20230617-IMG_0507.jpg

Last edited:
The biggest problem with these is they are not available anywhere! I've messaged Pietta a few times questioning when they would be available again but never got a response.

Called Old South today and Lee said that anything listed as "back ordered" would take 6 - 9 months to arrive, and consequently they do not do backorders anymore.

Back